US Harper's Bazaar July 2009 : Angelina Jolie / Doutzen Kroes by Terry Richardson

This is absolutely tragic. I remember when Bazaar was on par with Vogue, hell I remember when it surpassed Vogue in terms of creativity and edge. To see some tacky grocery store tabloid image on the cover is just distressing. What have things come to when THIS is the vision of fashion - what exactly is asperational or inspirational about an old paparazzi picture of an over-saturated celebrity? Its not as though this is something shot for the magazine or something special in any way. This is just disgraceful and lazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Angelina doesn't even look like herself. The cover captions are so generic that when paired with such an uninspiring cover image, it'd probably be one of the worst selling issues of HB this year. (Or maybe the Brangelina fans will all rush out to buy this issue and save its sales figure?)

I'm glad that Doutzen is on the subscribers cover. I've always thought that models should be on the subscribers cover because there's no need to use celebrities to lure customers to buy it anymore, the subscribers have already paid for and are going to receive the magazine no matter the cover/content is good or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
There it goes, Beauty at Every Age.
We're desperate in every way :rolleyes:

This is absolutely tragic. I remember when Bazaar was on par with Vogue, hell I remember when it surpassed Vogue in terms of creativity and edge. To see some tacky grocery store tabloid image on the cover is just distressing. What have things come to when THIS is the vision of fashion - what exactly is aspriational or inspirational about an old paparazzi picture of an over-saturated celebrity? Its not as though this is something shot for the magazine or something special in any way. This just disgraceful and lazy.

I agree with you 100%. But look on the bright side: doutzen is on the subscribers cover.

I still can't believe that it's cover. When I saw this on Bazaar.Com, at first I thought it was mistake. :shock:

Im happy Doutzen is on subscribers cover, would be so great if any of subscribers could scan it for all of us :smile:

Oh my this is bad! It looks like Angelina was scheduled for a photo shoot but it somehow canceled so Harper's used this horrible red carpet shot instead

They used Los Angeles "Benjamin Button" premiere photo... From december 2008 O_o

very funny too see that candid shot of angie! it's so Us weekly and those tabloids cover

Maybe it´s another art piece by Richard Prince :rofl:

Woah is this serious? :cry:

I...i......i can not comprehend this, at all!They used a paparazzi candid for the cover?Couldn't they get Jolie to pose for them?UK Bazaar did, last year!

Its highly disappointing to say the least, it does look like a tabloid.I wonder if they will recive criticism for it, i sure hope so.At least subscriber's got Doutzen, and its not that Angie looks bad, she never does, its that the idea is cheap and not Harper's Bazaar worthy.

The magazine is so thin, too. Never seen such a small issue. Are they in financial trouble?

There is no bright side to Bazaar's current pathetic state for me. When I think of Bazaar, I like to recall the class and charm that Liz Tilberis brought to the magazine. And while magazines have to evolve, they should never degrade. After looking at the Bazaar cover archive, this Angelina cover is simply disgraceful. And no, I won't ignore the cover and focus on the contents or the subscriber's cover. I, too, remember when Bazaar was on par with Vogue, and there really is no excuse for a high fashion magazine to cater to the masses on such a pathetic level.

Someone explain to me how this wasn't the cover. Just. Explain it to me. I am in a state of shock and my mind is boggling right now. The subscribers cover is stunning. Stunning. Even if you don't like Doutzen you have to admit this is a clean, simple and effective cover.

Image Credit | Scanned by Me from Bazaar July 09

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->