US Harper's Bazaar June / July 2013 : Christy Turlington by Daniel Jackson

MagFan

Reaction score

wwd.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Despite the fact Christy's head looks like its been 'copy and pasted', I appreciate the simplicity of this cover.

the neck twisting movement is kinda scary, is it possible for a normal person to do things like that? Other than that, i think this is a nice cover, i know it's maybe a subscriber cover but i feel Liz Tilberis Bazaar's cover vibe here and the fact that Christy is on the cover is enough to make me happy!
Posted via Mobile Device

What's there not to love? I'm reminded of Christy's image by Patrick Demarchelier from UK Vogue's December 1987 issue.

Her pose with those eyes looks like a meerkat posing :D

worldanimalfoundation.net

I like it but I was expecting totally different cover for a summer issue

Beautifully styled and so nice to see Christy here!

FALLING FOR IT: Glenda Bailey of Harper’s Bazaar knew that she wasn’t exactly breaking news by talking fall trends at Friday’s First Look at Fashion luncheon. In whizzing through her checklist — turtleneck, statement coat, ankle boot, etc. — the editor in chief flashed a few shots from the magazine’s June/July issue. Daniel Jackson’s cover shot of Christy Turlington was shown, as were frostier landscapes from a Nathaniel Goldberg shoot in Iceland. There were also glimpses of Bazaar’s take on Balenciaga as pictured by Melvin Sokolsky. Balenciaga-clad models appear to be suspended in the air to mirror the excitement Bailey felt after seeing Alexander Wang’s first collection for the house. As for the designer, he appears looking considerably more relaxed slouched in an armchair.

Bazaar’s Alexandra Parnass wittily raced through the beauty side of things, advising guests who are torn between Botox and bangs to go with the latter and “take that 1,000 bucks you saved and buy one of those nice bags Glenda was showing you earlier.”

Jill Kaplan, Debra Shriver, Laura Slatkin, Elizabeth Musmanno and Pamela Fiori were in the crowd at the inaugural event, which was organized by the Women’s Leadership Council and presented by Harper’s Bazaar, Longchamp and David Webb. A new initiative of the Lincoln Center Corporate Fund, the WLC consists of business leaders intent on funds for eight performing arts organizations and two professional performing arts academies at Lincoln Center.

Given the crowd, it goes without saying that the Q&A portion was brief. And much to their amusement, even Bailey was short on words regarding one fall trend — punk. They also lit up with laughter when Bailey described the lengths some people will go to in order to attend a fashion show. Describing a photo of an ashen Suzy Menkes on the brink of fainting en route to a Kenzo show, Bailey noted how in the far corner of the frame a hand is reaching for Menkes “not to help her or rescue her, but to steal her ticket.”
wwd.com

Tom Ford?

Yes, F/W 2013 looking awesome :heart:

Tom+Ford+Fall+2013+aFBh_ew8iPWl.jpg

stylebistro

^ That collection kicks so much a**, IDC what anyone says :lol:.

Even though it's far too early to see F/W, I can appreciate Bazaar showing them already since this is a June/July issue (I imagine W will be doing the same at any rate).

Christy looks amazing; her pose is a little animalistic, but it works so well. I digging everything about this.

this is gorgeous! i loved the last cover too, finally :D they seem to be getting better!

Well, that is a dream come true! It's just perfect.

Is this for real?! This is fashion heaven!
I want to print and frame this cover, so simple yet eye catching :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->