US Harper's Bazaar May 2012 : Penelope Cruz by Terry Richardson

Penelope Cruz by Terry Richardson
styled by Andrew Richardson

glossynewsstand

So now all they ever gonna do is shot their cover stars in front of a bland white background? Even the eds shots?!!!

I mean she is beautiful, but like all their covers is soo incredibly insipid, i just cant bring myself to show any excitement about it.

is this magazine for real? It's boring, boring, boring and boring. Come on... ditch the white backgrounds and the usual hideous typography. Poor Penelope, her natural beauty doesn't shine through here in my personal opinion.

for a second I thought it was Leah Michele

^ :rofl: Made me laugh so hard, ouch!

I dont even like the redesign inside the issue, its just an unattractive book!

And when i compare it to a mag like US Elle, its really not in the same league, i often bypass it and buy their issues instead. Because even if i dont like the cover, its contents are almost always decent.

This is getting worst and worst. The revamp made the magazine ven worst, now is Terry every month. This is just ridiculous.
They dont need any revamp, they just need a new editor.

What gets me is that they made it bigger... to waste more paper printing uninventive visual material? What's the point in being larger when you're not using the page to make an impact?
Posted via Mobile Device

They didn`t revamp! They just changed their size. HAHAHAHA

This magazine is becoming pointless by the month. They`re obviously doing the VI tandem with Meisel. Bazaar X Terry. God

I will admit I do like this better than their previous cover concepts and as usual the subscription covers are always better.

I really dislike what she's wearing in the ed (and on the cover), the clothes don't suit her at all.....

The size is the only difference I can notice too.

Dreadful. They need to stop using Terry Richardson. It is the same sweaty and shiny cover shot every month with white background. The Demi Moore cover was a step in the right direction despite it being pre-revamp but now we are back to the same boring rubbish.

In the Behind the Scenes video with Mila Kunis last month there looked to be several potential cover shots but none of them were used or even featured in the magazine. And her edit was only 4 pages including 2 of text!

The only positive is that "Fabulous at Every Age" is missing...

I'm so biased. I love anything Penelope is in, even though this is the same old crap Terry constantly puts out.

They didn`t revamp! They just changed their size.
That's more like it...they shouldn't have announced a big revamp, out of which an unrecognizable Bazaar would emerge, thus giving us high hopes. This is just a wider version of the same old bland Bazaar.

As for the cover and ed, just because it's white background studio shot, it doesn't mean that it has to be completely uninspiring...W has produced many powerful covers in the past, with just a model or actress and a white background. But in order for that to happen, they'll have to ditch Terry. And until that happens, I won't part with my money.

for a second I thought it was Leah Michele

ME TOO!

:ninja:

not really digging this

but to be fair, last month's editorial wasn't shot on a white background.
I think for Mila Kunis it was shot at some corny carnival type thing

Thumbs down !! Can't compare to British May cover with Victoria

horrible. horrible. horrible...why don't they change the photographer and get rid of that boring white background. This is hideous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->