US Harper's Bazaar November 2010 : Christina Hendricks by Terry Richardson

I really don't like it. It doesn't strike me, she is gorgeous butshe doesn't look like a model here.-

i love it, i love her. i'm used to seeing vavavavoom from her it's nice to see that the cover is not about t*ts but about a beautiful real unphotoshopped women. but i do love her boobies:woot:glad i get to see a little sexy inside the mag

I decided recently not care anymore for US Bazaar.

ok white jumper and black pants combo is horrible - make her twice big - who styled this ?

Preview of a studio editorial featuring Jacqueline Jablonski shot by Victor Demarchelier

originalxt.jpg

dailyfrontrow

Come on, the cover is decent, I like her mischevious eyes.
Christina looks beautiful (esp in the ed) and it fits her glam image.

not exactly hers or his biggest fan so i don't like this cover at all

It is always odd to me when Flare manages to have a better cover of someone than Bazaar or Vogue (Christina looks gorgeous on Flare this month)...

Anyway, I'm glad Christina is getting more media coverage. She seems very sweet.

The cover is OK, I actually like the red on red on red, but there is something kinda off about her face - not bad, just sort of generic and unChristina.*

The ed is pretty good, of course HB does luxury and couture, but they also do high-end relate-able clothes and this is a good ed for a November issue to give readers ideas for their holiday social events - hopefully there will be more exciting and fashion forward ed in this issue. I think that it would have been better if they included a couple of color items in the Christina ed like the dress she is wearing on the cover.

I am not blown away by the photography but Richardson (presumably) seems to have given CH adequate direction. This is not landmark work for HB or Richardson, but it is not bad and they deserve a pat on the head for bringing a newish face into the fold - Christina has gotten some high profile work, but the cover of US HB is a big step forward and if it sells well then we should expect more from where that came from.

To me Christina is somewhat of a novice at modeling / celebrity modeling and I think that she did a good job here but I don't know if they could have gotten more out of her than what they got here, not to say that she has not done better work, the LA Times Beauty ed for example. It would be nice to see what she could have done with Seliger behind the lens, but I don't know if she could keep up with him - still she is improving and it seems that the more she does the better she gets and I hope that she is a big enough draw which will (hopefully) lead to work with Seliger or Buchet (for Harper's Bazaar) or Demarchelier, Lindbergh, Leibovitz or Testino (for Vogue) and others.

* I have seen this phenomenon with CH before, and those were events and therefore photoshopped was not involved (or if it was it was minor). I wonder if she gets botox or some other cosmetic procedure - I don't know how it works, but I wonder if it takes a while for the face to unfreeze and if she took these pictures before her face settled. Although, I do think that there is more "Christina" in the ed.

I love both the cover and ed! Christina is amazing :wub:

Love Christina and am thrilled to see a new face on cover!
But as many have mentioned, the cover itself is horrible and overloaded with red.
The person at HB who has the last say on the mag draft prior to it going to print (Glenda?) is incompetant because their covers suck.

Werrrrqqq!!!! :buzz: I'm so excited to see a new face! Love her, issue will probably be horrible though.

Really like the cover and the spread and Christina manages to make Richardson's work much more interesting than the usual.
I think Christina works extremely well on covers and all the remarks about her not being much of a model or whatever.....she actually was a model in the 90's.....albeit not very well known.
Christina is certainly changing and dividing opinions because of her curves, but personally I think she is a breath of fresh air right now and I hope she doesn't turn inot a novelty. Although as long as the show is successful she will be in demand.

thanks to Kimair:

288cg2b.jpg

Michelle Obama proclaims her passion for the performing arts in the November issue of Harper's Bazaar, but it's the first lady herself who takes center stage in the accompanying portfolio.

Photographed at the White House by Jason Schmidt, Mrs. Obama looks ravishing in a raspberry L'Wren Scott sheath paired with bright blue kitten heels. "Well," Mrs. O tells the magazine, "you got to get a color pop."

Speaking of pop, Justin Bieber is just one of the musicians who has made his way onto the Obama family playlist, along with artists from the worlds of opera, classical, and Motown, she reveals.

"In terms of my children... I don't want them to develop just one taste. I want them to feel the power in country as much as they feel it in Justin Bieber." Mrs. Obama of daughters Sasha and Malia. "There is some power in the Bieber!" she says, but insists, "We don't have Fever."

But Beatlemania? That's another story. "When Paul McCartney was here singing 'Michelle,' I was like, I'm done; I can go home now."

For her Bazaar profile, which focuses on performing-arts appreciation, the glamorous Mrs. Obama posed with members of the Howard University Choir and the Duke Ellington School of the Arts as well as dancers from Alvin Ailey, Joy of Motion Dance Center, and Bhangra Empire. She also fessed up to having dabbled in acting herself in a school production of a children's classic.

"I remember very early on being the good fairy in 'Hansel and Gretel' and having to sing a solo, which was humiliating," she recalls, adding that her stage attire offered some relief. "It was a little tutu fairy costume," she says, "and I liked [the role] because of the costume."
stylist.com

Yes, the reason that he could work for some A-list fashion magazines is because his father is Patrick Demarchelier.:yuk: Please go away and save some pages for real talents!

Yes, the reason that he could work for some A-list fashion magazines is because his father is Patrick Demarchelier.:yuk: Please go away and save some pages for real talents!

Give him a break. Just look at Terry Richardson? If it werent for his father, he wouldn't be known at all, but who's complaining?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->