US Harper's Bazaar October 2018 : Zoe Kravitz by Camilla Akrans

God I can't abide these 'celebrity by a celebrity' features...I want to read an interesting, intriguing article by someone with actual writing talent, not a few basic questions revolving around mutual self-promotion-_-

I would probably like this if it was a little more zoomed out, but I think her expression is a little to squinty here - she's very beautiful regardless and it's good they're going for a new cover star. Hopeful for the editorial as Camilla Akrans usually delivers.

Refreshing choice for them, but wow, they couldn't zoom the shot out more? She's got such defined cheekbones and jawlines, yet it's nearly invisible here. Don't get me started on the hair. Complete miss for me, I'm afraid.

At least this should signal that it's time for Big Little Lies 2, which I actually cannot wait for!

Lol, what's this shoot all about?????

Why are they constantly trying to make her happen??
There's literally nothing interesting about Zoe Kravitz, or her mediocre acting.

Is it possible to have "unretouched pictures" or "women without make-up" or even "women photographing women" without it being a marketing thing? It's getting boring even more when it's for something so simple.
Camilla Akrans has been a photographer for Bazaar for years and now suddenly they have to make a point about it!

The shoot is great, the cover is better than usual and she is not wearing Saint Laurent so, Kudos!

Ps: they could have push it further by having a women editors styling the eds.

God I can't abide these 'celebrity by a celebrity' features...I want to read an interesting, intriguing article by someone with actual writing talent, not a few basic questions revolving around mutual self-promotion-_-
Couldn't agree more. The Celebrity on Celebrity thing is so overdone and half the interviews are so poorly written and composed it's actually unreadable. You get the most monotonous and mono-syllable answers and then its obviously tidied up by an editor later so they both don't come across as complete dumb***s. Who would have thought that occasional magazine feature writer would be the new celebrity side career.

Oh wow, I love this. The natural beauty, the wild feminine feature. Just stunning!

Zoë Kravitz Poses Unretouched and Opens Up About Defying Stereotypes

If this scintillating interview quote excites you, the rest of the enlightening interview by
Reese Witherspoon can be found on bazaar's website thing.

IbPTpxX.png

bazaar.com

333101and magsaddict are 100% correct about these celebrity interview being a travesty, particularly at a time when many journalists are being laid off and have to struggle to maintain freelance work.

This abysmal interview takes away from the entire feature, it's bad enough that Reese Witherspoon is trying to pass herself off as a writer (let alone a real Southerner) with her book 'Whisky in a Teacup' the title of which is a straight ripoff of 'Steel Magnolias'.

Anyway, I still love the photography and beautiful Zoe here. The video shows the potential that the story could have held, I find Zoe to be very well spoken.

I love the shoot. The cover is maybe a bit zoomed in but its not bad and miles better than September, but again its another celebrity interviewing another celebrity. These are always ridiculously cringey. You'd think with print dying they would be trying to save their jobs and their publication in any way possible, but I guess not.

This makes me question what goes into executing an unretouched photo shoot? Is photo editing more selective or meticulous when they can't rely on de rigueur image manipulation after the fact? If following their normal scheduled programming what would Zoe's shoot look like?

The setting, subject, fashion and beauty is all beautiful yes. However, the end result is pretty humdrum. Granted it is a step up from the inside of the box banality that's synonymous with American BAZAAR.

That's an interesting topic - in the old days, when film was at a premium, every frame counted, so preparation was usually meticulous. Lighting, setting, positioning, angles.

These days, for an 'untouched' shoot, do they still make use of digital's ability to shoot a thousand images, selecting even fewer than usual to run as the end result - or do they fall back on any of the older ways to structure the image before the moment of capture?

For a YSL-sponsored cover story for US Bazaar, I'm guessing it was just another day of getting the shoot in the bag, rather than an exercise in anything interesting.

Nice cover, effective, which is the exact opposite I'm use to from US Bazaar.
Even if the 'natural' no make-up, celebrity on celebrity interview, girl power bs is all gimmicky.
I'm surprised there isn't a 'fabulous at any age' tag plastered on there somewhere.
Then they had to do a cheesy subscribers cover.... let...it...die.

I love her beyond words, but the newsstand cover seems "blah" to me...I've seen her look much better on many other covers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->