US InStyle August 2018 : Serena Williams by Robbie Fimmano

dodencebt

Reaction score

instagram.com/laurabrown99

I think this is the most beautiful Serena Williams has ever been captured on a cover.

Wow, this is really the year of Serena! If you'd have told me years ago that she'd be the one booking all these covers who normally shun women like herself, I'd not have believed it.

Instyle's covers always look so fake, this one is no different. Way too much retouching. British Harper's showed her true looks (and skin!).

Hoping they have some other badass women covers and not just this one. Sick of Serena on fashion magazine covers. She’s no fashion icon.

Last edited by a moderator:
They could have done so much better with her. Happy to see her scoring all these covers though.

Hoping they have some other badass women covers and not just this one. Sick of Serena on fashion magazine covers. She’s no fashion icon.

Aly Raisman, Hilary Swank, Helena Christensen, Andrea Mitchell, Ellen Barkin, Monica Lewinsky

Almost too much for August issue ;-)

Monica Lewinsky? Hahahahaha

The retouching is so ridiculous and over the top.
A lot less of that and this cover would be great.
As is, it's just CGIrena. Not feeling it.

Can't wait to see what they did to Monica Lewinsky. LOL!

In her Harper's feature they mentioned she's got a fashion line. Speaking of, the video below show some editorial previews and I'm quite amazed at how chic and stunning she looks. Sleek hair (for once!), refined styling and not half naked as usual. This was the direction I hoped Harper's, or even Vogue, would take.

Monica's shot doesn't look that bad, to be honest. But I really doubt she'll get an actual cover. Based on headlines I've seen so far she's once again talking about Bill Clinton. For someone who constantly harps on about how she's moved on his name sure pops up a lot.

There's also a shot of Helena Christensen in a bathing suit. Not sure what exactly makes her 'bad-as*', but the list probably needed to be rounded out.

Fashion Editor: Julie Pelipas
Hair: Angela Meadows
Makeup: Natasha Gross
Manicure: Naomi Gonzalez

instyle.com

Photographer: David Schulze
Fashion editor: Ryan Young
Hair: Roberto Di Cuia
Makeup: Linda Gradin
Manicure: Geraldine Holford
Celebrity: Monica Lewinsky

instyle.com

Monica Lewinsky, Hilary Swank, Sasha Dorothy Lowuekuduk, Ellen Barkin, Andrea Mitchell, Serena Williams, Helena Christensen, Aly Raisman

InStyle's Instagram

I love Hilary Swanks' photo, she totally gives badass vibes :muscles:

There's a little too much photoshop but she looks gorgeous! Nice to see something a little different from Instyle too.

There's also a shot of Helena Christensen in a bathing suit.

I suppose it's badass that she's managed to survive being a supermodel and come out the other side sounding like a relatively normal person. It's badass that she was a supermodel in the first place. And while it might not be badass that she can still fit into the same clothing twenty-five or so years later, the image of Helena Christensen wearing a Thierry Mugler metal swimsuit in 1991 was something else.

But I'm biased, because 1991 was my absolute favourite year in fashion magazines.

I suppose it's badass that she's managed to survive being a supermodel and come out the other side sounding like a relatively normal person. It's badass that she was a supermodel in the first place. And while it might not be badass that she can still fit into the same clothing twenty-five or so years later, the image of Helena Christensen wearing a Thierry Mugler metal swimsuit in 1991 was something else.

But I'm biased, because 1991 was my absolute favourite year in fashion magazines.

Well, I think she one of the coolest ones out of her peers. You might not like her as a model but she is infinitely chilled and I think got her life priorities right...You can see that by the people she surrounded herself with... the way she brought up her son... her sense of humour... her general lifestyle, etc.

She does lots of meaningful stuff and is involved in many important causes without advertising herself but focusing on the actual cause. Not many of her peers manage to do that.

I think it is totally bada'' that she can fit in that suit 27 years later and look so amazing or pose in swimsuits at the age of 49 in the middle of the business district of NYC.

I think I might need to reconsider my grasp of the English language if I can praise a model for her looks, impact and relative sanity and still be described as "not liking them".

I think I might need to reconsider my grasp of the English language if I can praise a model for her looks, impact and relative sanity and still be described as "not liking them".

I didn't read your message at all as negative. I was talking in broad terms when I said ''even if you don't like her.'' If anything I was in agreement with you. Anyway, maybe it is time I reconsidered my grasp of the language;-)

I guess I should have quoted this comment "There's also a shot of Helena Christensen in a bathing suit. Not sure what exactly makes her 'bad-as*', but the list probably needed to be rounded out."

Got this in the mail today.

Review:

152 pages

"The Number 1"
P: Robbie Fimmano
S: Julie Pelipas
Serena

"The Heat"
P: Matthew Sprout
S: Julie Pelipas
M: Helena Christensen

"The Warrior"
P: David Schulze
S: Ryan Young
Monica Lewinsky

"The Achiever"
P: Anthony Maule
S: Jessica de Ruiter
Hilary Swank

"The Baller"
P: Anthony Maule
S: Jessica de Ruiter
Ellen Barkin

Also Andrea Mitchell of NBC, Aly Raisman, Sasha Dorothy Lowuekuduk from an elephant sanctuary

THE HEAT
Photographer:
Matthew Sprout
Stylist: Julie Pelipas
Hair: Harry Josh
Make-Up: Hung Vanngo
Model: Helena Christensen

US InStyle Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->