US InStyle August 2021 : Jennifer Hudson by Chrisean Rose

Another celebrity stylist cover, bye.
The saddest part about this is the absolute waste of Jennifer Hudson.

I understand that minimalism is the new trend when it comes to magazine covers, but
I'm already getting tired of their "Badass Women" headlines without any other context.
They've already included this blurb on their February 2021 issue. What's new now?

InStyle's covers have become very hit and miss of late, this obviously being a total miss and a total missed opportunity. We don't exactly get Jennifer Hudson on the covers of fashion magazine every year, and we end up with this? Law Roach has the be the most overrated stylist working today!

When a woman is badass, don't shoot her like she's needing to sit down from standing in those shoes.

They did her bad with this cover looks more like a tired woman who just did a double shift.

Bad *** apparently is not what she has but tired *** if she needs to be photographed like this.... terrible cover....no one is capable to say "mmm..Laura you f*ck it up''? and the styling??? some looks only looks good in your head...

terrible. they did her dirty here, come on! InStyle can do much better!

I presume this is to promote the biopic ‘Respect’, about Aretha?
tbh I was expecting Vogue to give her a cover.

Law should stick to styling redcarpet events….

tbh I was expecting Vogue to give her a cover.

This could still happen, especially if the movie is any good and if she starts picking up awards buzz. A January or February cover to coincide with awards season could be a good move.

I think it’s kind of odd that they’re dumping the movie in a mid-August release date, though. Could be wrong, but that seems like an indication that the studio isn’t super confident in the movie.

Law should stick to styling redcarpet events….

I think it's his clients who are getting him these covers. 'I'll only appear on your cover if my stylist gets to style it'. And because one got away with the demand, so will everyone else.

As for Laura, you only need to listen to her InStyle podcast to realise that this magazine so perfectly encapsulates the modern 'fashion' consumer. The ones influenced by the 'badas$' Lena Dunham and Chrissy Teigen brand of feminism. Not to be confused with the high fashion consumer at all.
And she has created the ideal magazine for them. One whose regular advertisers are shampoo brands filled with chemicals and Kraft processed American cheese (probably because they advertise in Meredith magazines across the board), whose cluttered layout try to cram in as many products they can on a page, and who still run how-to beauty features despite YouTube tutorials being mainstream for the past 5 years.

Needs more life! I'm a bit disappointed, it's always nice to see Jennifer getting embraced by fashion but this ain't it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->