US InStyle July 2020 : Alicia Keys by Egypt & Genesis

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Alicia photographed by her sons Egypt and Genesis, assisted by husband Swizz Beatz:

I like how Alicia looks but this cover feels very pale even with the colored fonts

.... but I wish it was a fashion image and not so much an Instashot.

Was just going to say 'this is a new low, are we repurposing Instagram shots now?' Because that's what I get from this.
Nice earrings, and cute doggie in the back!

B3EEF00F-3EAF-4546-B8CF-5E9EEFD549AD.jpeg
Image modified by me.

sorry, but it was asking for it.

^ Shoulda left that one in the drafts, sweetie :innocent:

Reactions: MON
^
I disagree, it would easily win in a cover challenge :stuart:

I really like the subscriber cover. Newsstand is not too bad, either.

I'm tired of Alicia's no make up make up look. I'm all for empowerment, but magazines are still supposed to sell a fantasy. Twice is fine, but she's been on this schtick since years ago. I wanna see something new.

Last edited:
I love how beautiful she looks in both covers, that first one is really nice.

COVID covers seem so dated by now. Who’d of thought they’d remind us of “simpler times” just a month later.

I don't mind both covers actually. Alicia is beautiful and actually I don't mind the little make up here. I sort of wish the newstand cover has a little more fashion quality but both looks better than a lot of magazines right now.

COVID covers seem so dated by now. Who’d of thought they’d remind us of “simpler times” just a month later.
It’s kinda insane how far it seems when in fact less than 3 weeks ago, everybody was into it.
We are dealing with social issues now.

Had we not been going through a lockdown, I would never had guessed the newsstand cover was photographed by two children - as opposed to professionals. It's beautiful image, very fresh and vibrant. Those bright orange and pink fonts compliment the shot beautifully.

I think it’s quite a stretch to say it was photographed by 2 children. They may have pushed a bottom somewhere along the way but I think Swizz Beatz is responsible for the photograph. The caption even mentioned he “assisted” Egypt and Genesis and there’s video of him taking at least some of the photos. One of the kids is only 5 years old and keep in mind the other kid was listed as a producer on one of Kendrick Lamar’s albums (which Swizz produced) years ago, when he was only 5 years old. I think it’s just another example of parents (especially wealthy, privileged parents) disingenuously hyping their kids as extraordinary.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apriloneil1987
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->