US InStyle March 2017 : Emily Ratajkowski by Carter Smith

serendipity8777

Reaction score
Magazines3.jpg

subscribers' cover

Magazines3_2.jpg

businessoffashion.com

Great covers! It's always a treat when american magazines put models on covers! :wub:

I love the newsstand cover. It has a 90's supermodel vibe to it. It's also a little reminiscent of Anna Wintours first American Vogue cover.

I still can't warm up to the layout but it's infinitely better than the first three creepy, artificial covers Laura did for InStyle.

I feel like both covers are a nod to American Vogue. The newsstand cover reminds me of Anna's first cover and the subscriber's one is similar to Lupita's third cover for the magazine.

I really thought Laura was going to push InStyle in a fantastic new direction but sadly, this doesn't excite me in the slightest.

Cheaper than a Grazia cover! And the backdrop looks nearly identical to last month's cover. I'm afraid I don't get the US Vogue comparisons at all - this looks infinitely inferior from the photography to the 'model'.

Wow she looks very pretty esp on the first cover...:heart:

What on earth is THIS!!! How incredibly disappointing for her first revamp issue!!

Just bad, i guess i better not expect much from Laura!

Awful styling imo. The tshirt gives me sexual connotations that paired with Emily makes this look sooo cheap.

What a poor remake of that "positive vibes" Gisele cover for US Vogue in 2001 (link).

Her lips in the second picture also look ridiculous. If anything she's an uplifting story of the wonders of good grooming (but then I wouldn't expect anything less from an industry with the best makeup artists, duh).

I like Emily but the cover is trashy and identical to Gwyneth's from last month.

Ranting on social media that people don't take you seriously because you're always with your t*ts out is activism now? k...

I love Emily and she looks gorgeous on both covers. It's so nice to see her landing quite a few covers recently :smile:

Ranting on social media that people don't take you seriously because you're always with your t*ts out is activism now? k...

Oh how badly I wanna respond to this with a beat down and a read! (Counts to ten slowly) *its not worth it, it's not worth it, it's not worth it, it's not wo....*

Anyway, I love both covers, especially the sub cover. I usually find her features to photograph a little odd when that close up but this is really beautiful.

What a terrible cover. InStyle finally got it right, and they had to change it for the worst. Bad.

Whoever is overseeing this magazine needs to step it up. Why fix something that's not broken? Why must they revert back to a dated layout when they've managed to creat one of the most beautiful layouts I've ever seen? Something just doesn't add up.

InStyle in the early parts of 2016, felt fresh. New. Exciting. Modern. Relevant. All else.

The last few issues up to now, feels so dated and very much out of touch. Might as well revert back to the white background with the InStyle bar. This to me feels rushed, half-baked.

Of all celebrities, she seems particularly all over the place with her 'message'.

By saying that, I'm bound to upset someone, because online, we're living in a world where existing as a woman in relative comfort in the western world seems to be considered a radical act of feminism - one which puts your every move beyond criticism. I don't have time for that mentality. Besides, a range of views on any topic is the ideal situation when on a forum.

Anyhow, I'm not impressed with this as a March cover, but she does look well in the shots.

Cover.jpg

This Year's Girl
Ph: Carter Smith
Fashion Editor: Karla Welch
Hair: Harry Josh
Makeup: Hung Vanngo
Manicure: Marisa Carmichael

InStyle March 2017 Digital Edition

Last edited by a moderator:
The Style
Ph: Hanna Tveite
Fashion Editor: Ali Pew