US InStyle May 2020 : Lady Gaga by Nathaniel Goldberg

Deer in headlights. I absolutely love Lady Gaga, and I want to like this, since it’s as avant-garde as In Style will likely ever be, but it’s just not good.

I don´t understand what´s going on with the first cover but I like the second...

Wow, second cover looks great! Colours and pose. The first one is supposed to be stun but maybe would work with less aggressive retouching.

First cover looks terrible, second cover is great.

LADY GAGA'S NEXT ACT
Photographer:
Nathaniel Goldberg
Stylist: Sandra Amador & Tom Eerebout
Hair: Frederic Aspiras
Make-Up: Sarah Tanno
Model/Celebrity: Lady Gaga

instyle.com

Oh come on!!!! There weren't better pictures for the cover??? The first one I want to like it a lot but it's sooooooooo retouched it does not even look like her and the second one I'm gasping for air LOL a total: ''deer in headlights'' indeed, she looks like they caught her mid pose: what is she doing??? It's a like a behind the scenes type of pose, why did they choose this pic? The editorial is very average: super styling but either Lady Gaga has lost her magic photographically or the photographer needs to learn when to take the photos.

If Lady Gaga did an editorial for UK Bazaar, it would probably look like this.

It's giving me total fashion and fantasy, something I'm a little reluctant to complain about given our current circumstances. Out the two covers, my favorite is the first, love the colouring, the clean layout and how straightforward the shot itself it is.

The sneeze-guard head piece seems a bit on the nose given the current situation...

Gorgeous. Gaga frolics in the winter woods in beautiful gowns and headpieces, not sure I could ask for more right now. Gaga edge with a softer side. Love the beauty and hair too.

Wonky and cheesy. Even RPDR mini challenge could do better.

The sneeze-guard head piece seems a bit on the nose given the current situation...

It resembles the costume she wore for Stupid Love MV and it's very on-brand with this era. I wouldn't look too much into it, let's forget about the pandemic for a moment and enjoy some fantasy :wink:

Despite the slightly amateur-ish vibe, I love the editorial. I'll take anything with a bit of fantasy and glamour right now! However, I must admit that I'm triggered by those large brim resembling headpieces and all the pink that's screaming Joanne. I'm trying to block that hag out of my memory in anticipation of Chromatica...
I wonder if there's any more covers she booked in advance that we're going to see this month despite the album delay. It's quite an awkward situation, just like Bond promotion in the past months.

I wonder if there's any more covers she booked in advance that we're going to see this month despite the album delay. It's quite an awkward situation, just like Bond promotion in the past months.

I find it kinda perplexing that she delayed her album. She may never have a more captive audience, hungry for distraction and entertainment and art than she has right now, globally. Everyone’s sitting at home and a big star releasing a good album would be a smash. She’s certainly at a point in her career where she doesn’t need to rely on a conventional press tour rollout, and her tour wasn’t supposed to start until later in the summer, anyway.

I don't her pose on the newstand cover, but the editorial is fine, the fantasy theme with glamour fits so well & Gaga shines on every photo. Weird than Goldberg shooting from US InStyle.

US InStyle May 2020

Put on a Pretty Face

Photographer: Phil Poynter
Stylist: Melanie Huynh
Hair: Nikki Nelms
Makeup: Nina Park
Manicure: Marieke Bouillette
Cast: Laura Harrier

US InStyle Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads