US InStyle October 2018 : Janet Jackson by Robbie Fimmano

serendipity8777

Reaction score
jqPfQo1s_o.jpg

Laura Brown's IG

I love this! and I´m not even a Janet fan :smile:

All these October covers are truly shaping up to be way better than September! :heart::heart::heart:

Such a beautiful shot of her! She looks fresh-faced and and so approachable - no need to laze around in black lingerie. I'm not even bothered by the lack of fashion. Laura Brown really delivered this time around.

Photographer: Robbie Fimmano
Styling: Julia von Boehm
Hair: Cassidy Blaine
Makeup: Preston Meneses
Manicure: Marcela Mejias

3qipj1P5_o.jpeg

instyle.com

I'm astounded Janet wasn't Photoshopped into oblivion in the cover image, pleasantly surprised at how natural and effortless she looks. You can immediately recognize it's her! Janet looks absolutely beautiful and positively radiant here... which always make for an undeniably good cover. You also won't hear me complaining about the minimal amount of cover lines. Nice one, InStyle!

Beautiful, always happy, and surprised when she gets the cover. Only because magazines so seldom use her as the covergirl!

Photographer: Phil Poynter
Styling: Christina Elrich
Hair: Matthew Monzon
Makeup: Karen Kawahara
Manicure: Emi Kudo
Actress: Julia Louis-Dreyfus

instyle.com

Love this so much.
I love how instyle is so clean. Looks amazing.
Janet ❤️

Second cover.

Source @instylemagazine Instagram.

I wish people (and media) give her the attention that she deserves

I was prepared to completely hash this but the cover is really fresh and pretty.
The editorial however is straight from 1987. Not retro in a fun way.

That's a lovely cover. Her smile looks so genuine:blush:

Gorgeous cover!
Love when Janet lands a cover, which is always so shockingly rare.

It's such a nice surprise to see her on a cover again, and it's beautiful! She's such a legend.

The editorial is OK. Once you look at it properly, it seems a bit more thought went into it than initial impressions. Still wish they went with the direction of the cover.

I really do think Laura Brown will get the Vogue job when Anna goes.

I don't like the styling in the editorial at all! It's terrible, to be honest. All the adornments and jewellery pieces seem out of place and look very pedestrian. The exercise shot look out of place, but not really because she's known to aggressively get into shape for tours and album releases.
A 'in bed with Janet' type approach would've been better just with some key bracelets and necklaces. She's clearly beautiful enough to carry it on her own.

I love the first cover. Janet has the most beautiful smile and killer cheekbones. And she's glowing - focusing on her face and smile for a beauty issue works really well.
There isn't much I like about the editorial though, it's a little dull compared to the exciting cover.

I'm loving the easy breezy fresh face vibe of the cover. She looks amazing! I wish she got more covers!

that second cover is giving me some serious 'Control' vibes! I also love the more natural looking hair that looks like well... actual hair. Janet is top of the list of influences for so many performers, so it's nice when magazines give her her well earned dues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->