US InStyle October 2019 : Jennifer Aniston by Michael Thompson

Speaking of Thompson, I wondered why the arm pose on the 3rd cover looked so familiar to me. Turns out it's very close his 2003 cover for W, down to the overbronzed face on Aniston:

W Magazine

Early 00's W + Michael Thompson + trashy Dior will always be a winning combo, nice throwback!

Maybe I've been watching too much Friends as background noise in the past few months but I like Jennifer Aniston, she suits InStyle really well, and Michael Thompson actually has skills when it comes to photography, building concepts, lighting etc. as opposed to just being faux ironic with iPhone 7 Plus photography contest results like many of the things we see these days. I wish he would work for bigger publications again, doing proper fashion stories. I don't know if it's his choice, or his agency not doing a great job or whatnot but you'd think someone who was Irving Penn's assistant for quite a while, shot all of W's covers for a decade or so, he would have more opportunities? I always feel like he should have a career trajectory similar to Mikael Jansson's but it never really happened.

Oh well, back on topic, is anyone doing a single cover at this point?

sub covers
Megan Rapinoe & Sue Bird by Beau Grealy
Jennifer Aniston by Michael Thompson

InStyle's IG; tomandlorenzo

I love the one with her hair done with a bow, It's jen with a twist!

Early 00's W + Michael Thompson + trashy Dior will always be a winning combo, nice throwback!

Maybe I've been watching too much Friends as background noise in the past few months but I like Jennifer Aniston, she suits InStyle really well, and Michael Thompson actually has skills when it comes to photography, building concepts, lighting etc. as opposed to just being faux ironic with iPhone 7 Plus photography contest results like many of the things we see these days. I wish he would work for bigger publications again, doing proper fashion stories. I don't know if it's his choice, or his agency not doing a great job or whatnot but you'd think someone who was Irving Penn's assistant for quite a while, shot all of W's covers for a decade or so, he would have more opportunities? I always feel like he should have a career trajectory similar to Mikael Jansson's but it never really happened.

Oh well, back on topic, is anyone doing a single cover at this point?

That yellow dress was one of the it-pieces of the season back then. Recall a UK Elle cover of Elizabeth Hurley wearing it after taking a dip in the ocean.

Re Thonpson, you'd think that! He's been popping up at US Elle and Vogue Mexico occasionally over the years but each time I've been underwhelmed. I'm not sure where the disconnect lies or whether he'll ever get 'it' back.

I'll never understand how people think she's beautiful... these covers are unflattering though.

my god this is way too juvenile and again! why with the multiple covers !

Classic Beauty

Photographer: Michael Thompson
Fashion Editor: Julia Von Boehm
Hair: Chris McMillan
Make-up: Nina Park
Manicure: Miwa Kobayashi
Cast: Jennifer Anniston

US InStyle Digital Edition

On Track

Photographer: Yelena Yemchuk
Fashion Editor: Julia Von Boehm
Hair: Shinya Nakagawa
Make-up: Stoj
Manicure: Geraldine Holford
Model: Adut Akech

Couple Goals

Photographer: Beau Grealy
Fashion Editor: Karla Welch
Hair & Make-up: Courtney Mony (Megan), Erin Skipley (Sue)
Manicure: Shiori Durham
Production: Bianco Artists
Cast: Megan Rapinoe and Sue Bird

Suits You

Photographer: Steven Pan
Fashion Editor: Katie Mossman
Hair: Hiro + Mari
Make-up: Violette
Manicure: Mary Soul
Model: Alexandra Agoston