US InStyle October 2021 : Anya Taylor-Joy by Sebastian Faena

Gorgeous cover, although I wish the background was a different color!

Yet again, InStyle is trying to pass off a feature from the upcoming issue, featuring a controversial or marginalized famous person, as though it's a cover. They want the recognition and attention but when it comes down to it, they will always give the real covers to the latest "badass woman!!!" or the established, beloved star (Jennifer Aniston)

I don´t like the headpiece but it´s an ok cover overall. She reminds of Jennifer Lawrence.

TOMMY DORFMAN ON THE BEAUTY OF BECOMING HERSELF
Photographer:
Anthony Maule
Stylist: Christopher Horan
Hair: Rob Talty
Make-Up: Kali Kennedy
Model/Celebritiy: Tommy Dorfman

instyle.com

Looks like Jennifer Lawrence.
Dunno why Tommy Dorfman is wearing a lightfitting shade on the cover, but ok.

In order to really celebrate a trans celebrity just give her the damn actual cover...Even as a gimmick as it was, Alt gave the actual cover to Valentina Sampaio.

Dunno why Tommy Dorfman is wearing a lightfitting shade on the cover, but ok.

I knew it reminded me of something, and now I know and can't unsee it. The "Love Me Not" light fixture I see all over instagram.

In order to really celebrate a trans celebrity just give her the damn actual cover...Even as a gimmick as it was, Alt gave the actual cover to Valentina Sampaio.

Even US Vogue had a trans model, Ariel Nicholson, on the September cover this year. Editors can feature whomever they wish, but Laura is seriously mistaken if she thinks she deserves recognition for this. I'll be interested to know if any subscribers actually receive this alleged cover.

The cover picture is absolutely gorgeous, the rest of the editorial is okay-ish but doesn't come close to the cover picture. And such a shame this is only a "special edition" cover, I really hate when this happens.

Styling is really lacking here, it could've elevated the shots if it was something more sophisticated.

She looks beautiful tho, and I too wish it was the actual cover.

I have no idea who this person is, but the cover is gorgeous.
The rest of the editorial, um, I'll just keep my opinions to myself.

No shade towards Tommy but I'm also underwhelmed by the fashion styling in this. I would've expected more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waffleninja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->