US InStyle Spring 2022 : Tracee Ellis Ross by AB+DM

I hate that Alaia look.

And I really don't care for Tracee. She comes across as so smug. She acts like she is an icon. Your mother is an icon, Tracee, but you are not. And she really does not have "style." Having a stylist put you in a bunch of "fashion" items doesn't mean you actually have style. Her whole schtick is phony.

I love Tracee, great actress and I was excited until I saw that say-something-awful belt LOL and that it wasn't a big dress. The outfit only works around her head but I also was looking to see her amazing hair. It's a miss for me but she still looks glam :smile:

A denim jumpsuit and the expression dont really work for spring hopefully they went in a more bold fearless style that she rocks with ease for the story.

I do like Tracee, but lately her magazine appearances and especially red carpet choices have been extremely underwhelming. InStyle used to be thicc and fun to read, super accessible but still with a more clear fashion emphasis (as opposed to culture) than some of its contemporaries. Over the past several years it was rapidly becoming an embarrassment, and perhaps digital only is what it deserved. Still, sad that this is now a precedent.

Denim never looks sophisticated. Trying to style it that way is silly.
If it's a digital only 'cover', it's useless.
This edition will be like Glamour's US edition in a year. Gone and forgotten.

InStyle used to be thicc and fun to read, super accessible but still with a more clear fashion emphasis (as opposed to culture) than some of its contemporaries.
You know…I kind of forgot how fun InStyle used to be until you brought this up…

Lots of teenage memories of summer poolside vacation reading of InStyle and Vogue when they were huge. Commercial, accessible but still very fashion/runway oriented. Good times.

Love the Alaia look and i think it really matches Instyle tbh, just not with Tracee wearing it. seems disconnected

I hate that Alaia look.

And I really don't care for Tracee. She comes across as so smug. She acts like she is an icon. Your mother is an icon, Tracee, but you are not. And she really does not have "style." Having a stylist put you in a bunch of "fashion" items doesn't mean you actually have style. Her whole schtick is phony.

I can't detect any lies.

What a lousy cover for their final print issue.
As a subscriber from day one, this is a monumental disappointment. I just saw the “digital” - really hope they do something classier for print.

What a lousy cover for their final print issue.
As a subscriber from day one, this is a monumental disappointment. I just saw the “digital” - really hope they do something classier for print.

Apparently they decided to put the kibosh on that. Laura Brown announced a week or two ago that the awful awful awful Gigi cover was the last print issue. Talk about going out with a whimper.

Of course they waited for digital to publish the mirage in the desert that is Natasha's editorial. Of course they did. They couldn't even get the timing right. As a farewell to print, they could have given us a relevant actor who knows no fear in an interesting, energy-oozing story that stands out for all the right reasons. But no. They gave us vulgar nonsense instead. I hate everything.

The name is Zach Rogers. It feels disrespectful not to mention him by name. I didn't know him, but my ignorance is no excuse. Fantastic job he does, too.

The last photo of Natasha’s editorial is truly sublime. I haven’t seen a celebrity surprise me this much in a while. I also like the inclusion of Courtney Cox, this would have made a much better final print issue than Gigi’s mess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->