US Marie Claire April 2020 : Gisele Bündchen by Nino Munoz

I love her. This is beautiful, but I hate the new layout.

This is the first issue under the new EIC, Aya Kanay, right? I don't like the change from their previous looks. When I saw the title, I was expecting something glamorous a la their previous covers with Emily and Elle, but this just feels like a reprint of Gisele's editorial for Vogue in July 2018.

I knew it would be with a green/eco angle or a Chanel push. Not her best cover, but not the worst either. Really like the composition of the image and the fact that it's not another closeup or studio shot. Keen to see hat she updated because MC was one of the few magazines who didnt need any upgrades. At least imo.

I dont like the typeface, layout they using.. Who is the art Director ?

All I can see is that art direction that needs to be lifted, immediately .

Obviously it’s a delight to see Gisele Bündchen on the cover of a mainstream American fashion magazine, will definitely make a mental note to purchase this one it hits the shelves here but can echo everyone’s sentiments regarding the layout.

I hate the new font that has been introduced and the layout does indeed need a whole lot of work. I’m with @[B]Benn98[/B] on the fact that Marie Claire’s art direction did not need touched!

Every time I see her I want to ask how someone can be so gorgeous. She's been around for bazillion years, but it never fails to amaze me. There is no need for any Riannes, Kaias, Adwoas, Gigis, Lulus and etc. of the world, please just clone Gisele 100 times.

It's the power of a great model that she just has that relationship with the camera. Everything Gisele does these days seems like a reprint, yet even these feeble appearances are enough to remind you that once upon a time there were models who were things of wonder.

I'm tired of girls-with-surnames paying surgeons to give them good angles and thinking that makes you a good model. It might make you more photogenic, but that's not what great images are about. I'm tired of paying money for magazines putting out content which is acting as glorified social media for 'models' who are recycling the same glassy stare they use on their Instagram, and thinking they're the top tier of the industry.

GISELE MEETS WORLD
Photographer:
Nino Muñoz
Stylist: J. Errico
Hair: Harry Josh
Make-Up: Hung Vanngo
Model: Gisele Bündchen

US Marie Claire Digital Edition; marieclaire.com

Last edited:
Got this in the mail today. 116 pages.

In addition to the main edit:

"Downtown Tropic"
Photographer: Sofia & Mauro
Stylist: Martha Violante
Hair: Paula Amengual
Make-Up: Sofia Rubenstein
Model: Pilar Boeris

"Welcome to Grace Land"
Photographer: TylerJoe
Stylist: Julia Gall
Hair: Joseph Maine
Make-Up: Holly Gowers
Model Grace Vanderwaal

"Leg Work"
Photographer: Betina du Toit
Stylist: Kate Lanphear
Hair: Leslie Thibault
Make-Up: Min Kim
Model: Iris Dubois, Emilie Dalsgaard, Meerle Haket

Earthy Gisele is no longer interesting. I used to be a big fan, but way overplayed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"