US Marie Claire Fall 2020 : Chrissy Teigen by Lauren Dukoff

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by vogue28, Sep 8, 2020.

1. KateTheGreatest

KateTheGreatest Well-Known Member

That last shot of Chrissy is so unfortunate.

2. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Right!?! I thought it was just me! It's like a wonky silicone rendition of her face.
    I need to know who the booker was who scouted her as a model because I don't see 'it'. Never have, probably never will.

And that editorial with Grace looks like it plucked from Glenda Bailey's mood board. Things are already not looking great for this new EIC. And I won't say anything about her 'styling' effort in Keep it Classic.

@SLFC The right thing to do for any respected editor is to get another writer to do her profile. It wouldn't have cost them that much, it's only a do-over of the interview, not the shoot. Plus celebrities like Chrissy are used to doing tours where they get asked the same question over and over again by different people so it wouldn't be anything new for her.
    This is why very few people actually read the written content in women's magazines. Because the journalists penning them aren't respected and it's because of reasons like these.

YohjiAddict and KateTheGreatest like this.
  3. JPineapple

JPineapple Well-Known Member

Super model Chrissy Teigen is killing it!

Said no one. Ever.

4. KINGofVERSAILLES

KINGofVERSAILLES Utterly-Unknown Member

The last shot of Chrissy brings to mind that infamous Khloe Kardashian Instagram shot from a few months back. Y’all know the one.

mikel and Benn98 like this.
  5. KateTheGreatest

KateTheGreatest Well-Known Member

@Benn98 You don't see 'it' because there's nothing to see. Had she not married John Legend, no one would ever even hear her name.

YohjiAddict, Benn98 and mikel like this.
  6. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

She looks like she just smelled something absolutely disgusting in each and every shot of her editorial. A model she ain't. Her face looks seriously screwed up...

7. axiomatic

axiomatic Well-Known Member

That's the least they could have done. The idea of the profile goes beyond any typical sponsored content and reads as more of an in-house press release.

I got the issue in the mail today, a different subscriber's cover (172 pages.) There's an unfortunate line in the editor's letter, considering I can't find any mention of the writer's job with Teigen.

KINGofVERSAILLES and Benn98 like this.
  8. KINGofVERSAILLES

KINGofVERSAILLES Utterly-Unknown Member

The lion, the witch, and the audacity of this b!tch

9. lookieloo

lookieloo Member

Wrong dress on the cover. Raise and cinch the waistline. Aside from that, her cover story is just lackluster in terms of styling. You can do commercial styling, without being uninspired. The dress is just a bit of an unflattering blob, and the moss green jacket look... whats happening. Ratios people!
    I enjoy the Alek Wek spread.