US Marie Claire July 2019 : Tessa Thompson by Thomas Whiteside

Oooh..how beautiful. Really nice simple cover, she looks fantastic!

Oh wow, that's gorgeous and ethereal. Tessa has such a beautiful face.

the in focus dead flowers on the right hand side are distracting only because the image itself is boring, the minute i saw it my eyes glazed over.

Not sure why, but I really like this! Maybe it's the rose colours, or that whole fragile femininity vibe which has fallen out of favour everywhere else except at British Harper's. This is just beautiful.
Though a minor tweak would have been stronger makeup or lip colour. Maybe the same as her nails.

And I'm assuming she's wearing Chanel? How odd is it that this Chanel look, as well as the one Kim wore on Vogue doesn't look 'Chanel' at all......

Third wonderful cover in a row. Kuddos for Marie Claire

I only know her from Westworld (Bella Hadid's hometown) and I found her to be incredibly boring and wooden. I don't understand the hype around her. Men in Black isn't exactly Oscar worthy.

I only know her from Westworld (Bella Hadid's hometown) and I found her to be incredibly boring and wooden. I don't understand the hype around her. Men in Black isn't exactly Oscar worthy.

And every actress who appears on a fashion magazine is campaigning for an Oscar nomination?

I'm not a fan of the cover. Tessa usually photographs a lot stronger than this. The ethereal vibe is too soft for her. Also, what's with wonky-eyes on fashion covers recently?

Typical quinceanera photo. :sick::sick::sick:

I always associate quinceaneara with OTT and garish dresses, makeup and hair. Maybe Tessa's hair is a bit much here, but that's really it. Everything else is actually understated. I mean, she's not wearing that dreaded yellow Gucci dress Taylor Swift wore on Elle, which looks like it belongs in a quinceanara. But then again, purely outsider perspective. It's not my culture.

I don't think anyone behind the movie thinks it's Oscar worthy and why should it be? She is covering a July issue, the season of the blockbuster which is exactly what Men In Black is.

And just because you only know her from Westworld, does not mean she has done nothing else. She starred in the critically acclaimed Sorry To Bother You last year (which did get a lot of buzz), Creed, Thor and the last Avengers movie.

I always associate quinceaneara with OTT and garish dresses, makeup and hair. Maybe Tessa's hair is a bit much here, but that's really it. Everything else is actually understated. I mean, she's not wearing that dreaded yellow Gucci dress Taylor Swift wore on Elle, which looks like it belongs in a quinceanara. But then again, purely outsider perspective. It's not my culture.

Yes that's true but also they take pictures in parks or squares a couple of days before the party during the day without those tacky dresses and usually with flowers around and they smile and look very juvenile, basically they look exactly like this ugly cover.

Tessa Thompson by Thomas Whiteside:

MARIECLAIRE.COM

Uhm, yeah. Not really impressed with this. I suppose everyone deserves an 'off' moment, and this is clearly Whiteside and Errico's one. It's all over the place, and I'm not sure if they went for a mum showing she's still got it, or a faint 40s starlet. I mean, last look is Chanel (?) and it looks like something from H&M.

Her makeup in that halter look is astounding though and was precisely what I had hoped for the cover.

Got this in the mail today. 108 pages.

Review:

"Tessa's Time"
P: Thomas Whiteside
S: J Errico
Tessa Thompson

"Siren Song"
P: Jasper Abels
S: Tiffany Fraser Steele
M: Valentine Bouquet
reprint of Marie Claire UK

Users who are viewing this thread