US Marie Claire March 2019 : Lupita Nyong'o by Daria Kobayashi Ritch

how far we've come in just a few short years. real skin, real hair at last! Such a contrast to the CG-esque American covers of the recent past. Lupita shines.

This picture is quite boring I don't really love Daria's work at all... this cover layout is atrocious as well, overpowers in the image..

God, her again! I can't possibly stomach another puff piece praising her 'unique' acting performance, which by the way is spread across less than 10 films.

As for the actual cover, the white cuff, collar, whatever is lifted too high up. And that masthead colour looks random. Miss!

Got excited when I saw Lupita, but then I got disappointed. Also I ts funny that people are praising her as a good actor. I haven't seen any other movie than Black Panther, her acting and everyone else in that movie were robotic.

Might as well hide her entirely.

Lupita is a stunning woman. She deserves better than this cr*p.

A shot of her smiling with all this crisp would have made a stellar cover

Oh piss off!!

When you have a face as beautiful as THAT, you don not hide it, EVER!!

It's like when she was on Vogue Spain, and her face looked suepr altered, just why!!!

At least Anna always did Lupita justice with her covers.

I'm really puzzled as to how this was approved by a team professionals. She looks uninterested and unhappy, the styling is hard to even see since it blends right into the background, she's covering a good portion of her face. This doesn't work as fashion photography and it doesn't work as a portrait. It's just.... bad. There are two quite nice shots in the editorial that would have made significantly better covers.

I like the idea of the cover but her face is just too covered for it to work and the editorial is incredibly underwhelming. A miss for me.

Lupita in the Lead

They really should've used the shot showing her toned arms for the cover!!

Photographer: Daria Kobayashi Ritch
Stylist: J. Errico
Hair: Vernon Francois
Makeup: Nick Barose
Manicure: Deborah Lippman
Cast: Lupita Nyong'o

US Marie Claire Digital Edition

Valley of Fire

Photographer: Betina Du Toit
Stylist: Kate Lanphear
Makeup: Charlotte Prevel
Cast: Thais Borges

Shot on location in Nevada

Smooth Moves

Photographer: Van Mossevelde + N
Stylist: Marine Braunschvig
Hair: Gilles Devigry
Makeup: Tina Roivainen
Cast: Walette Watson

North Shore Diaries

Photographer:
Stylist: Kate Lanphear
Hair: Andre Gunn
Makeup: Junko Kioka
Cast: Elizabeth Davison

Shot on location in Oahu, Hawaii

Got excited when I saw Lupita, but then I got disappointed. Also I ts funny that people are praising her as a good actor. I haven't seen any other movie than Black Panther, her acting and everyone else in that movie were robotic.

Lupita is a fantastic actress; you want to watch her shine, then I recommend you watch 12 Years a Slave that she won her Oscar for :smile: . She's incredible in it. In Black Panther, Lupita played Nakia, who is pretty much a CIA-equivalent member for Wakanda. So for me, the stiffness in character was fitting, as was for many of the other main cast members. I am Lupita-bias though:innocent:, and we're all entitled to our own thoughts :smile: .

Lupita is always stunning to me, but I do think it's almost criminal that her face is partially covered on the cover :judge:

Thank you for posting the rest of the images Benn98 :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->