US Marie Claire May 2015 : Fresh Faces by Dan Martensen

thenewclassic

Reaction score

Editorial is entitled, “Brave New Girls” and is shot by Dan Martensen. Also featuring Hailee Steinfeld, Zoe Kravitz, and Felicity Jones.

fashionscansremastered.net

What an underwhelming set of covers. Fresh faces?? These 2 have been around for quite some time now

Wasn't expecting Iggy on a Marie-Claire cover ^^ Seriously, her face doesn't look good at all on this cover :/

For someone who does so little in the fashion industry Kate Upton sure gets a lot of press. What's the reasoning here? Her social media followers? Why not give us Felicity or Zoe? They make much more sense than these two.
Both covers seem very dated, no doubt due to the basic clothing and colours. Izzy's is the worst. What's with the pout and weird jawline?

They are awful but I'm dying to know if Iggy actually sells. Does anyone even like her?

I like the styling "symmetry" but imo both covers are equally bad, there´s something wrong with their mouths, so awkward...

I really don't think they're BAD covers considering some of the actual atrocities we see monthly, they're just uneventful.

And I think Iggy looks sooo pretty but I might be biased cuz I love her :P finally she's getting some attention on US magazines! :heart:

Kate Upton looks really angry in that cover photo. Would have much rather seen a Felicity Jones cover to either of these two.

I know I'm looking at their faces, but I feel the choice is bum or boobs, because that's what each is known for.

None of these girls are fresh faces especially Zoe Kravitz, she's been on these rising star lists for about 10 years now.

Seems like Kate Upton is the main cover and the rest are on the fold out (flip for more covers). Thank God I won't see aight on the news stands.

Although I would've preferred to see Hailey Steinfeld on the main cover than this has been Kate

What an underwhelming set of covers. Fresh faces?? These 2 have been around for quite some time now

I agree....very "meh" covers and they've been around for quite a while.

The cover with Kate is much better but the truth is that both cover are really weak.

I actually don't mind the covers. Marie Claire never has the best covers out of the fashion magazines. They are always just "eh".

But it is nice to see Iggy get some magazine covers. I'm surprised it took them this long.

I wonder why they felt the need to do multi cover? I highly doubt it's to cater all the fresh faces when all 5 of the cover stars have been around for quite some time now. I'd understand if it were all about the NEW talents then by all means give them all a cover.

Iggy is a big name in the U.S. so I wonder why they used her only to have her share the spotlight. It's like Rihanna getting an Elle cover together with 5 other musicians. It's like aren't they big enough just yet to warrant their own spotlight on the cover. It just speaks so much about that.

They released all five covers on their Instagram. My favourite is Kate Upton's, but I don't like how all the covers look similar. And geez Iggy Azealia is annoying...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angelnamedeva
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->