US Marie Claire May 2018 : Fresh Faces by Erik Madigan Heck

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Riley Keough, Katherine Langford, Issa Rae, Yara Shahidi & Sophie Turner:

Vogue Paris wants her font back

Riley's got the best cover, and maybe the third girl (if they ditched the unnecessary jacket.) The rest are really too much. Art direction is overwhelming, and while I love Erik's work for UK Harper's, it's just not working for me here.

Riley K is a "fresh facce?" Please! She gets far more attention than her work is worth.

Also, the art direction on these covers make my head hurt.

Riley Keogh is reminding me a little of Sigourney Weaver in her cover shot. Maybe I need more coffee (or less of it).

I'm thrilled to see Issa Rae!

That VP font that every magazine seems to be adopting doesn't work here - it looks rather cheap in fact. There's just a bit too much going on

Really? They used Trump's tagline here, even with the change to Hollywood vs America, I still find it repulsive!

Really? They used Trump's tagline here, even with the change to Hollywood vs America, I still find it repulsive!

No, but like, in an ironic way, of course... :rolleyes: The jab is a little dated by now, tbh.

Not one but FIVE boring and generic covers!

I got the Riley Keough cover in the mail. It's a flip cover with her on the front and back.

Review:

"Just Add Water"

P: Carlijn Jacobs
S: Imruh Asha
M: Luanna Pinheiro, Mariana Pardinho, Gertrud Hegelund (where's she been?)

"Sun Day"

P: Carlijn Jacobs
S: Imruh Asha
M: Luanna Pinheiro, Mariana Pardinho

Features on Nikki Haley, the Kardashians of the Middle East, and women working to change Irish abortion laws

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->