US Vanity Fair May 2010 : Grace Kelly by Howell Conant

tarsha

Reaction score
97bae0b70a76.jpg

vanityfair

VF and dead celebrities. :rolleyes: Is it because today's Hollywood is not glamourous?

Yawn.

I prefer Catherine Deneuve as the archetype of the ice goddess.

The Grace Kelly article is nauseating in its love for Kelly. You'd think she's the female Jesus
Christ after reading it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a really weird strategy to fish for readers. At least the Kennedys and Marilyn Monroe have unseen pictures and secrets and new conspiracy theories.

I like the cover, but what happen to the green issue? last year they skipped hollywood & green issue so i was hopping that this year vf came back to the normality.

I love Grace, but I don't understand why its relevant to have her on the cover.

Omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Adore Grace Kelly!!! I Love Love Love Her Tandems With Alfred Hitchcock Although My Fave Film Of Her's Is High Society (frank Sinatra Looked So Dreamy In That Film) ^_^

^ OMG! Kellydior, I soo agree with you. I love her in that movie. I don`t like Frank Sinatra in there. :heart: As for the cover, it looks so regal. They projected Grace as if she really did a shoot for the cover. I love it.

It was ok when it was the occasional tribute cover but it is just odd now. Surely there is a big enough pool of choices for the cover without having to use stars that have passed away?

Plus not 1 but 2 features on Tiger Woods? Vanity Fair have really hit a wall in terms of creativity it seems.

There's a new book out about her - and generally, people never seem to get enough of her look. People who wouldn't look twice at Gisele will stop in their tracks for Grace Kelly.

I don't care if it's original or not or the fact that Grace has been long dead already. But she is just so breathtakingly beautiful and regal. One more magazine with her on the cover is fine with me. :smile:

Fantastic ! I knew that the exhibition at V&A in London would give some article but this is the greatest.

Vanity Fair, Grace, JFK, Jackie, Marilyn, Farrah, MJ.... they're dead. Gone. It's hard, we know, but think about it, come to terms with it and move on.

I'm so sick of VF's obsession with dead celebrities and the Kennedys. ENOUGH already, goodness.

Also, she looks like she's in a casket in the cover shot.

It is so great to see a fresh underexposed actress on the cover!

Wait...

Nostalgia for a Vanity Fair cover? NO WAY.

How in the world can there be new things to write about Grace Kelly?

It would've been cool if they could've convinced Charlotte to pose for the cover. Anyway, it's great to see Grace (in-color) on the cover...she was in her 20's in that pic, it would be great to see a movie star like her rise again. None of those recent 20-somethings on the Hollywood cover matches her overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->