US Vogue April 2004 : Gwen Stefani by Steven Meisel

Gwen Stefani's house in Los Feliz has a vaguely spooky quality to it. The unease I feel when I pull up in front may simply be the result of my having watched Sunset Boulevard one too many times. There are candles flickering and religious iconography here and there. It's as if Stefani's entire home is a kind of Gothy take on old Hollywood.
While I wait for the lady of the house, I look at framed family photographs in one corner. There is a picture of Stefani as Jean Harlow, taken on the set of The Aviator, Martin Scorsese's forthcoming Howard Hughes biopic starring Leonardo DiCaprio. Though she utters only a few lines in a movie-premiere scene, a cameo in a Scorsese film on Leo's arm is certainly not the worst way to announce that she is ready for her close-up.

Today Stefani's wearing a sleeveless T-shirt with wide red, green, and yellow stripes, and a pair of complicated new Levi's jeans, worn low and long. Lacy underthings peek out from the top of her jeans. On her feet: sweat socks and Adidas flip-flops. Around her neck is a diamond choker that spells out WIFE in Gothic, diamond-encrusted lettering—a gift from her husband, Gavin Rossdale. Her white-white hair is a marvel of structural engineering, pulled back tight on the sides and piled high up on her head in a kind of squared-off, simulated Mohawk. Like so much of Stefani's style, the do manages to simultaneously evoke forties Hollywood and early-eighties SoCal punk. It's quite a trick.

Photos by Steven Meisel

03f.jpg
05f.jpg

06f.jpg
01f.jpg

Love the third picture there, thanks for sharing Ale :heart:

I love the one with the white suit jacket & the Gucci Shrug :heart: (ideas, ideas :woot: )

i hate to admit it but as much as i like gwen stafani i really didn't like this cover or editorial.

and i would almost really like to see her adbandon the bleach.

the pink was hotttttttttttttttt

that woman can pull of *any* look :woot: . i find her inspiring :flower:

absolutely amazing!

I love her more and more with every shoot. She CAN pull of any look.

can you say FASHION ICON ?!?! :D

this ed + cover is just BRILLLLLIANT!!!
I :heart: :heart: :heart: HER !!!!!!!

I love it all :heart: !!!! (except the shot of her in the short red thingy and the white coat and hat)........

Gwen is hot!!!!! Love it! :woot:

Originally posted by whereisthatsusu+Mar 25th, 2004 - 3:18 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(whereisthatsusu @ Mar 25th, 2004 - 3:18 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alejandro@Mar 24th, 2004 - 10:22 pm
Wearing the fab last season RTW Dior dress :woot:
she is quite the dior wh*re :wink: [/b][/quote]
She makes Dior look good :wink:

Thanks for posting, Ale! :flower: The photos are "good Vogue." :wink: She sure works that Lanvin dress. :wink:

That's what Vogue should look like :blush:

She is beautiful, can carry any look (as said before), and oh yea, has a friggin HOTT boyfriend :crush:

Originally posted by Honey@Mar 26th, 2004 - 9:47 am
That's what Vogue should look like :blush:

She is beautiful, can carry any look (as said before), and oh yea, has a friggin HOTT boyfriend :crush:
oops, I meant Husband!

I must have been thinking about my hott boyfriend :wink:

stunning.
she can certainly pull anything off. young girls should be looking at her as a fashion icon, not pink or britney or chris or whatever.. :doh:

Originally posted by Napmove@Mar 14th, 2004 - 7:34 pm
A few from the spread, there are 3-4 more after these

Vogue_Street_Smart.jpg

Vogue_Gwen_bathing_suit.jpg

Vogue_first_lady_of_rock.jpg
I'ts just me or it looks like a small sample of madonna's styles during the lasts decades??

I love Gwen and I think she looks great both on the cover and in the other photos. :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->