US Vogue April 2009 : Beyoncé by Mario Testino

but why? :( what makes them "fierce"?

I really want to understand that word, to this point I feel like it's just a moronic word but I can be wrong and really missing a deeper meaning.

it is sort of a buzz word, but just like how it is usually used (to describe a sort of agressiveness, power, or strength), it is used as a compliment to state how striking something/someone is and how it is definitely a contender for the coolest, the most beautiful, etc etc...

Thanks for these MMA........although I'm gonna wait till I get the issue to read them, otherwise it spoils it a bit for me (just like I only look at the thumbnails, or one of two pics from the eds) :wink: :flower:

i love anna's letters from the editor. they are always interesting to read and incredibly well written. alexandra shulman and kirsty clements (vogue AUS) are no comparison! Although i like carine's letters i feel sometimes they get lost in translation for me, my french is not great. ^_^

This issue is so bad. I bought it on a whim and I totally regret it. The only redeemable content in this issue is the Charlotte & Lou article/photo. Natasha's ed is so ugly I have to flip through it at lightening speed - I can't stand to look at it!

Last edited by a moderator:
MMA thanks for all the scans, because of my location i cant get US Vogue until a month later at the moment after it came out, so its always great to see the content pages you scan. :flower:

disappointed by the editorial though. It seems really cautious and unsure of itself and of Beyonce. If it is meant to celebrate curves, I think the styling could really be present and show that a curvy woman can REALLY wear fashion and work to show us how, and not just take the obvious easy route of a body-hugging satin gown.

I agree with the previous comment that more and better styling should have been used. Beyonce (like her on not) is a gorgeous woman with a lovely body. I'd love to see Alex White shoot her for W with Mert and Marcus, or Edward Enninful with Meisel.

I just read the readers letters and these people are easily offended! Some have valid points, but others are just stupid
Scarlet Letter was probably the worst out of all of them :rolleyes:

I just read the readers letters and these people are easily offended! Some have valid points, but others are just stupid
Scarlet Letter was probably the worst out of all of them :rolleyes:

Yeah totally noticed that to! Maybe that can explain why Anna does safe commercial things all the time, because as soon as she expresses some sort of creativity, it gets shut down by those readers. I knew Anna was more creative, shouldn't be THAT commercialized right? Vogue should stop posting negative letters all the time, it's probably to make fun of those readers though.

LOL @ eternity!

Beyonce looks good, love the article piece
Real woman have curves!

I think the reason that there aren't any curvy models is that they decided to to the shape of the clothes. The editor's letter and Natasha editorial proves my point.
I really loved the feature on Lou and Charolette.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->