US Vogue April 2011 : Rihanna by Annie Leibovitz

Awkward pose. And it's definitely not as revealing as the reports said it would be. Love the hair, though ^_^

She's like some sort of mermaid caught at the wrong moment.

Eww... What is she wearing on the cover?:shock:

it's nice, agree it's not her best pose, the red hair saves this cover, if it weren't for that, the cover would look so bland.
i'm looking forward to her ed and the one with Lara/Daria/Natalia...by Mert&Marcus.

Another popstar with with a coloured wig on the cover...

I don't like it.

OH WOW US Vogue is becoming more and more commercial every day! I'm not sure how I feel about the image though. But it's great for the magazine to include more mainstream stars instead of the usual actresses we're over with, I mean: Lady Gaga, Rihanna and Beyoncé before wow Anna Wintour's standarts changed a lot in the recent years. Now, as much as I like the new Vogue way of thinking their coverstars, I don't want it to be the next "MTV" magazine, I want high fashion... I want SUPERMODELS back on the covers (lol sorry I know it's OUR fashionspot old song but I love it loool). Ok ok after those thoughts, let's see the cover once again: great face and hair, but pose is very awkward and the dress... hum a bit weird for my taste. It's funny this image reminds me so much of an old Vogue cover with Gwyneth Paltrow (can't remember the website of the Vogue archive covers though, if someone can give me a hand with this).

Am I the only one who think this cover is great?

^ well i don't think it's bad, i like how they went the way of a sheer dress and emphasized Rihanna's rather large bosom for their annual 'body issue', i think the image of someone in a bikini basking in the St Bart's sun is rather tiring so in that perspective, i like this as a cover. although ri's forehead and awful fire engine red hair is sooo distracting. :lol: and the dress looks kinda cheap from the preview. what's she wearing anyway? if it's another little known designer i'm prepared to overlook the fact that it looks like a curtain and focus on the merits that anna is again supporting an up and coming designer.

.It's funny this image reminds me so much of an old Vogue cover with Gwyneth Paltrow (can't remember the website of the Vogue archive covers though, if someone can give me a hand with this).

do you mean this cover?

VOUS200203_00.jpg

Gwyn by Herb Ritts for US Vogue March 2002
image from fashion-iconography.net

OH WOW US Vogue is becoming more and more commercial every day! I'm not sure how I feel about the image though. But it's great for the magazine to include more mainstream stars instead of the usual actresses we're over with.

Did I miss something because I thought that the usual actresses on US Vogue covers are mainstream stars...

do you mean this cover?

Gwyn by Herb Ritts for US Vogue March 2002

I'm about to post this image. This is exactly what I thought of when I saw the Rihanna cover. The background looks similar.

This is much better than the GaGA cover. It looks more dynamic. I like that she's not doing the typical portrait pose.

Random Thoughts:
It is a very striking cover;

I agree with the mermaid characterization;

There is something odd and unnatural about Rihanna's body, I don't know if it is the angle or if it's photo editing;

I am upset with myself for my increasing acceptance of that awful hair color;

Who designed the dress that Rihanna is wearing?

:clap: @ US Vogue's renaissance, namely its continued edgier direction and redirection away from the expected and tried and true;

Looking forward to Rihanna's ed and the overall issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only one who think this cover is great?

I like it too. It's different to what I was expecting - and in a good way.
The full-length shots are a nice change from the standard portraits. Especially when they show off the clothing.

Off topic - but looks like the new In Style underneath the Vogue stacks. Liking that fuschia!

^ well i don't think it's bad, i like how they went the way of a sheer dress and emphasized Rihanna's rather large bosom for their annual 'body issue', i think the image of someone in a bikini basking in the St Bart's sun is rather tiring so in that perspective, i like this as a cover. although ri's forehead and awful fire engine red hair is sooo distracting. :lol: and the dress looks kinda cheap from the preview. what's she wearing anyway? if it's another little known designer i'm prepared to overlook the fact that it looks like a curtain and focus on the merits that anna is again supporting an up and coming designer.

do you mean this cover? Gwyn by Herb Ritts for US Vogue March 2002

Yesssss hehehe I felt this was soo similar ^_^

Did I miss something because I thought that the usual actresses on US Vogue covers are mainstream stars...

:P no you didn't miss anything :D but I just make in my mind the difference between those returning actresses that we know oh so well on US Vogue covers AND then, the more "mainstream-ish" girls: the entertainers, singers and new faces, because when I said "actresses" I meant in a bad way because I, and a lot of people, were tired of seing them every month, so in a way it's nice to see new maintream people ^_^ you got it? :P

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it, it's different. Does anyone know which season the dress is from that she is wearing

the hair really does save this cover other than that this is not very interesting to me. can't wait for a model cover

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->