US Vogue August 2011 : Sarah Jessica Parker by Mario Testino

This is an amazing issue!
I haven't bougth Vogue in a while, but I will be buying this issue
the shot of Elle and Dakota is too cute, and I knew Audrey and Kristen wouldn't disappoint
Raquel's OG ed is stunning. i love the colors

OMGGGG. I can't even contain myself!!! My favorite editorial by far is "Late Bloomers". It's SOO different from a lot of the things Vogue US does, and I'm glad they chose Steven Klein to do it. The Meisel editorial is beautiful! It has great styling and model choices. The McDean edit with Karlie is the only bad one though. It just looks like a cheaply made 90's Bazaar editorial. Finally, i love the Meier edit, because it looks different from his usual ones. I also love how Anais Mali is in it :smile: Great issue this month!!! Can't wait to see what's in the September issue!!

I am definitely getting this issue. The editorials are love.

Does anyone know when it comes out? :smile:

what a packed issue, thank you for the snaps feshpb :flower:
i'm in love with Raquel's ed, love the bold colours :heart:, she always delivers.
the Meisel ed is great, all the girls look stunning but Kristen outshines everyone, well it's not a surprise here..
now i'm already excited for september...

Thank you fesspb:flower: I like Elle and Dakota Fanning,MoniKa Jac:heart::heart: and Anais Mali.

This is perhaps one of the strongest issues of US Vogue. I love how they presented the Fall collection clothes in a very light yet effective manner. I love how the clothes stood out without leaving the models behind. I just love everything.

I hate to say it but the only irrelevant editorial here is SJP`s. I love her but she kinda ruins the feel of the issue.

This is looking like a seriously good issue.
Steven Klein has done marvellous things with Raquel in that astonishingly beautiful editorial :heart: which is a slight departure in it's style from what this magazine usually produces...so kudos for that. I'm sure this will look even more amazing IRL.
Nice model casting throughout and thanks for all the pics :flower:

I'm not so fond of Double Take yet, but I just like the line-up of models for it.
In Late Bloomers, Pieced Together & Mixed Media, the color scheme is so strong and vivid. Love all those three eds.
I cannot say Raquel looks that good with the hair, though..
Also, I've never been a fan of Karlie's, but she looks okay in her ed this time. Her facial features and expression don't bother me much this time.

Thanks for the snaps, feshpb.
On the whole, it looks like a great issue, after the dull issue of July.

I am definitely getting this issue. The editorials are love.

Does anyone know when it comes out? :smile:

Someone posted much earlier in the thread that they had seen it in a store already. So I think it's actually been around for a few days.

WOW. So many amazing editorials, i'm truly impressed.

This issues content looks really good! I love Raquels editorial the most! Too bad Lara didn't have an ed :/

wow, Candice for Vogue US? so happy! but still, I'm not gonna buy this issue and saving my money for Kate Moss on September

Zimmermann ed rocks!
OMG!
The last pic, it's mysterious, inocence and even frightening!

I'm torn, because I love the range of faces in the editorials - and all those colours - but the fashion styling throughout actually puts me off most of the clothes.

The styling is the best imo, it may not appeal to everyone but major magazines should combine more pieces like this instead of putting straight up runway looks we also see in ads.

Amazing issue, vogue US is the best right now along with Vogue china. It will be a hard act to follow for september.

Although when that combination amounts to oppressively layering python on python over python, that somehow puts me off the print far more effectively than any tacky riot of an editorial that showcases snakeskin with a more vulgar vigour.

I like the drama of the editorials, but I don't feel lured into wanting to wear any of the items, because the overall mood - to me - feels rather suffocating and negative.

Last edited by a moderator:
the shots that make the "double take" ed are those of audrey, guinevere, and kristen...:wub::crush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->