US Vogue August 2018 : Saoirse Ronan by Jamie Hawkesworth

Finally, a cover subject I'm excited about! Saoirse is one of the best actresses of her generation and has had a surprisingly small number of covers considering her three Oscar nominations. The cover itself isn't great, but I'm happy to see her.

My first impression was: weak, but then I started to like it. Relaxed, appealing.. I love this girl and this is perfect for august and for this moment that Vogue US is going thru now.

Im actually having good feelings about September cover, what is unusual.

I'm happy for Saoirse, but this is a truly depressing cover.

This is not good, I don´t know who she is but it´s very indie and not glamorous, this is VOGUE, where´s the high end fashion, glamour and power? This is like an October cover of a depressing magazine, agreed with everybody.

This could almost be a Dazed cover. I love it regardless.

I think the word is cool. It is truly a cool cover. I love it for US Vogue.

I completely love this cover, I hope I'm not biased because I've been a fan of Saoirse since atonement so I'm happy all the recognition she's getting and she really deserves to be on the cover. I'm very happy for Jamie too, I love his work and this cover and editorial is amazing.

Great for her to be get her dues and appear on this cover. Also an even bigger breakthrough to the big time for Jamie. However, the cover looks a bit rushed. The facial expression, hair...it all looks like an after-thought, whereas the lighting of the image and styling of Prada is relatively well-honed.

Let's see where this goes longer term I guess...

It seems the poor copy of an ELLE version of some small country hidden in Europe

I'm a big fan of this. Saoirse is such a spectacular actress. I've been appreciating her stellar work since "Atonement" and that was over a decade ago.

Very well deserved Vogue cover. And also I'm super happy for Jamie Hawkesworth. It DOES feel a bit like the changing of the guard at Vogue and that is a great thing, in my opinion. It's time for a fresh take!

DOUR! UNFRIENDLY! MISERABLE! SOLEMN! GRIM! & GLUM! This cover makes me depressed, Makes me wanna pop an ambien, sleep and dream of better times. Just lifeless and dull. There's no glamour, no styling whatsoever and the hair and makeup people did her dirty. That Prada dress is ugly, that random flower on her shoulder doesn't add anything to the shot. I just want this cover ️OUT OF MY FACE! Vogue covers should thrill & excite you. Not make you wanna see a shrink.

Was predicting Saoirse for later in the year, but this is a pleasant surprise. This is SO different for US Vogue and lovely. If Anna is indeed leaving, she is going out with a bang. Cannot wait to pick this up

Irish Vogue.

I was thinking the same when I saw the cover, both Saiorse and Ruth are from the Irish Republic. Would be funny if there's a Boo George edit inside, lol.

British Vogue should be ashamed for not beating Wintour to the punch... even if she more or less features all the Brits in American Vogue, but I digress.

It's OK. It seems slighty Kirsty Hume inspired. It's nice to not seem some socialite or internet famous model/star.

Sidenote: Why do people care about Cheryl Strayed so much that she should be mentioned on the cover?

this would be really good without jamie hawkesworth's piss-coloured filter smh

I seriously gasped when I saw the thread title. Jamie deserves this cover so much, all the edits he's done for this magazine were already a sign that he wasn't just a flavor of the month type of thing but I wasn't expecting for him to land the cover!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->