Photo Jerry Schatzberg
Models Evelyn Tripp, Isabella Albonico, Unknown

vogue archive

Last edited:
Vogue Patterns | Dress Supply for the Small Parties
Photo Jerry Schatzberg
Model Isabella Albonico

vogue archive

Aaah Schatzberg!! I often forget about him, love his work. Also didn't Dahl-Wolfe work mostly for Bazaar?

^ It surprised me, i do think I remember some falling out at Bazaar, and then she left, and worked for different magazines, but never reached that golden standard of work she did for HB.

Oh and i love how bold this cover is! Almost like somethng out of Funny Face. :lol:

^ It surprised me, i do think I remember some falling out at Bazaar, and then she left, and worked for different magazines, but never reached that golden standard of work she did for HB.

Oh and i love how bold this cover is! Almost like somethng out of Funny Face. :lol:
Did she work for Vreeland at Bazaar?

Did she work for Vreeland at Bazaar?
Oh yes, in fact theirs was the greatest creative relationship in Fashion history, not just Bazaar's. Dahl-Wolfe, I think, was one of the first photographers to really develop, and produce color photographs using natural light, particularly her amazing outdoor shoots, which she especially did often with Vreeland. Shooting outside was basically their signature, at the time when it wasn't so common. She did so many great Bazaar covers. At one point they did a famous editorial, shoot in Arizona desert, when a model suddenly fell ill, so Dahl-Wolfe convinces Vreeland to step in, and actually model herself. :lol: She refused at first, but it was clear they had no other option, and the ed is glorious. Amazing backdrops, and Vreeland looking great.

^ They seriosuly need to make the archive!! I doubt Hearst has the money of Conde to get it up and running, but it would be epic, because Bazaar was a far better magazine at that time.

^ They seriosuly need to make the archive!! I doubt Hearst has the money of Conde to get it up and running, but it would be epic, because Bazaar was a far better magazine at that time.
I watched that Diana Vreeland biopic that came out in 2013 last night and her work at Bazaar seemed so effortless and chic, she really revolutionized fashion, no, lifestyle magazines as we know them today...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->