US Vogue December 1971 : Princess Grace of Monaco by Richard Avedon

This is one of the most US Vogue copies I want to see, Thank you so much.

^ I know! I have seen one or two pictures of that Moroccan feature by Irving Penn over the years but never at its entirety until now, I didn't even know there was more, I thought the picture with the fully covered women was just personal photography. It's so lovely, I wonder what became of Fatima of Imichil, does she even know where that moment in a photography studio (improvised or not) end up in? (a big American magazine).

I will never get tired of looking at images of people from around the world in traditional attires, we should revive that thread. This whole issue is such an ode to travel.. not tourism, or imagery as *just* a backdrop that serves fashion but pouring the right time and attention to each page, educating and making you dream and feel curious about other cultures, their people and their architecture while still living up to the premise of fashion as we know it (luxury, beautiful clothes and people, etc).

justaguy, thank you so much!, also: is there any chance to get the rest of the Moroccan story? it's continued on page 171.

Christmas 1971. Armais/Estée Lauder
Photo Victor Skrebneski
Models Unknown, Karen Graham

Joseph Stein by Muriel Reade S/S 1972
Photo Unknown
Model Pam Suthern

vogue archive

Chanel No. 5
Photo Richard Avedon
Model Catherine Deneuve

White Stag S/S 1972
Photo Unknown