US Vogue December 2016 : Michelle Obama by Annie Leibovitz

Michelle is such an extraordinary woman and this cover is just a breath of fresh air in the midst of everything going on. She looks like an absolute goddess! This is a truly bittersweet moment; I'm not American but I will definitely miss her as First Lady. That said, I can't wait to see what her future endeavors will be and wish her and her family the very best.

Michelle :heart:
This is exactly what we needed right now, even though it does feel like a bittersweet moment as well.
I just hope we will see a lot more of her in the coming years.

It's so dated, boring and forgettable.
It's supposed to be respectable, so they went with Leibovitz.

Michelle is a fashion girl, she looks great in clothes, and now that she's out of office, they could have gone for a real edgy fashion cover. Especially for December, I would have loved to see more glitz & glamour, something in the vein of her rose-gold Atelier Versace gown, something more memorable.

(Question: Do you think Melania will get a cover?)

I love her pose on the cover, I only wish the background wasn't her vegetable garden. It doesn't look good, especially with the color of the masthead.
Are there only 3 pics in her spread?!

Michelle is such an extraordinary woman and this cover is just a breath of fresh air in the midst of everything going on. She looks like an absolute goddess! This is a truly bittersweet moment; I'm not American but I will definitely miss her as First Lady. That said, I can't wait to see what her future endeavors will be and wish her and her family the very best.

Absolutely agree with you on every word. GOSH she looks marvellous, soooo beautiful and hollywood movie star-esque :heart::flower:

Michelle is a fashion girl, she looks great in clothes, and now that she's out of office, they could have gone for a real edgy fashion cover. Especially for December, I would have loved to see more glitz & glamour, something in the vein of her rose-gold Atelier Versace gown, something more memorable.

Michelle's style as first lady was always fashionably accessible, but not ostentatious. And she moved around it with such ease. It would belie her public image if she all of a sudden prance around in edgy HC. Plus, if there's any truth in the 'Michelle Obama: 2020' hope currently sweepint on the net (btw, Slate.com may just have pi*sed all over it, but it could still happen), then I would say a consistent style repertoire would count in her favour.

I am looking at the photo and wondering if I see the same image other people here do. No doubt, Michelle is a charming woman, but this cover shot doesn't do her justice at all, in fact I think it is a very unfortunate shot

Wonderful cover, I hope this is not her last cover. Michelle will be missed as the first lady.

She is an extraordinary woman and was a great first lady.
This is her best Vogue cover. She looks beyond glamorous!

I really don't think that Annie is the best photographer for her. She is maybe iconic but i don't think she is that good at portraits anymore.

Demarchelier, Meisel or I&V could have done great things also.

I can't wait to see what's next for her..

both the cover and the editorial are so powerful and beautiful. truly a bittersweet ending of the year (and of an era)

I managed to have a little browse at the newsstand earlier and I enjoyed the content even though there's nothing that screams holiday about any of the editorials, in my opinion.

The standout photoshoot this issue has got to be Imaan Hammam with Dev Patel photographed by Alasdair McLellan. There is a portrait of Imaan that simply took my breath away and showed just how stunning she is. :heart:

Fei Fei has an OG editorial this issue, shot in a studio. I would say it's standard US Vogue but Fei Fei looks very dynamic in it.

There's also a Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them feature with Eddie Redmayne and the cast of the film. Models include Karlie Kloss, Rianne Van Rompaey and Grace Hartzel.

Fernanda Ly and Lineisy Montero also share another editorial + article and if I'm not wrong it's called "Not My Mother's Dior" or something like that. A number of photographs taken from the archives as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a bizarre ed. It looks like they just took stills from the movie and photoshoped the models in. The pictures make no sense at all.

^ I believe that's what happened, isn't it? Grace's shot looks like it's the only one real to me. Everything else is terribly edited.

Oh God, if I'd see those awful Vetements thigh boots once more, I'll poke my eyeballs out. The cinematic aspect of it appeals to me, but not the carefully orchestrated quirkiness.

Despite all the efforts by the media to convince the world otherwise, Michelle is really not beautiful, and this cover is another example of that. Nevertheless, this cover is quite good otherwise. The editorial is good too.

I know the media didnt convence me that she was beautiful, that glowing skin, warm smile and most importantly amazing personality DID convince me.

Love the cover and it was the perfect present from Anna after such a shocking week. She is the epitome of th eperfect first lady, others should emulate.

I absolutely love the Leibovitz story. Can't wait to see Fantastic Beasts!

You can do anything apparently if you are considered iconic... This is bad, that shot of Karlie in the suitcase... Can't wait until Annie's children become photographers, it will be 10 times worse!

Yikes! That Eddie Redmayne editorial is horrifyingly bad! And why Karlie Kloss? She should stick to commercial stuff - she looks so terribly out of place and silly in a fashion editorial at this point. She's way too T-Swift / #SQUADGOALS to be credible for me, anymore (not that I ever really was a fan to begin with).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->