US Vogue December 2018 : Emily Blunt by Annie Leibovitz

dfl-001

Reaction score
mBE1TZpP_o.jpg

source: kevinkkelly1 on eBay

Yaay for her but the makeup is too pale

Oh I kind of love this! It feels a bit like the old Vanity Fair, but overall it's lovely. It's nice to see a cover with some charm and joy to it, even if it is very literal and a bit cheesy; so much fashion imagery is as dreary as anything these days, so anything other than blank stares and beige walls gets my vote. I love the bright red, it's very festive.

I'm not sure if part of why I love this is that this image is a scan (or certainly looks that way) and so it feels sort of vintage and reminds me of the good old days when I used to stalk this forum and obsess over the scans you all painstakingly provided. That's probably silly of me and I'm sure we'll have a HQ version soon enough; but either way, this cover made me smile when I opened the thread and that's all I'm really looking for right now.

I'm so happy that Emily landed the cover, she truly deserves it.

Ok, a shocker of a cover, but I LOVE this! It's very much in the vein of the movie, and I like the red. I don't really like the fact that she's mid-air, a jump would've sufficed, but this is something new for US Vogue. If they're going to plug movies, this is the way forward!

I was also brought back to happier times with this scanned cover, oh to have a decent fashion industry...This time around I acually like the color scheme and concept, which is not always the case with this magazine, but this type of imagery reminds me more of those other magazine that have been mentioned.

Oh I love this! This is what I wanted. The fantasy treatment for her. Stunning. Her beauty, however, was not given the justice it deserved.

This is what a December cover should be. Festive. Fantasy. I live for this.

One could really argue who Claire Foy pissed off to have such tragic cover.

And I also agree with Benn, this is how movies should be promoted. Go literal!

And also, scanned covers are so Nostalgic!

Yes! I smiled when I opened the thread and that's all I want at this point, to be charmed by a great themed December cover. It's beautiful.

Love it immediately, the cover is so lovely and exactly reminding ppl of some good old days.

Emily deserves more Vogue covers!

Just realized how it took this magazine so long to even put her in the cover??? What an injustice tbh

They should've kept the font they used on their cover last month. That one's more interesting to look at and I'm getting tired of seeing the same old font they're using for a decade now.

Now on the cover itself - I actually don't like it. It looks more like an entertainment magazine than Vogue. But it's nice to see Emily finally getting a Vogue US cover.

Love the scan ... giving me early 2000s vibes and nostalgia ...

All December covers should exude a similar fantasy and festive spirit

I love the cover! It’s fun, dreamy and slightly theatrical which is missing from recent US Vogue’s december issue covers.

My only complaint is the cover lines about politics. Tbh that coverlines kinda kill the optimism and fantasy the other cover lines tried to offer (Optimistic and glamorous looks for evening! World’s most beautiful garden! Magical gift! Oops let’s also remind people about Trump and his presidency). I wish they give politics a rest for a month and just focusing on stuff that makes people happy, dream and escape for a while.

Finally, a dreamy and classic cover by American Vogue. Love the art direction and styling, and I think the actual cover will be more vivid.

It’s cheesy but it looks fresh. I like it, it made me smile...

My only complaint is the cover lines about politics. Tbh that coverlines kinda kill the optimism and fantasy the other cover lines tried to offer (Optimistic and glamorous looks for evening! World’s most beautiful garden! Magical gift! Oops let’s also remind people about Trump and his presidency). I wish they give politics a rest for a month and just focusing on stuff that makes people happy, dream and escape for a while.

The cover lines really ruin the festive mood.

However, believe it or not, those cover lines sell. The “resistance”/“women on the front line” storyline sells

Yay! No more trendy hipster/student project photography! I love this even though it’s too cheap for such a title like Vogue US

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->