US Vogue February 2004 : Natalie Portman by Mario Testino

Problems: Natalie has been (like all Vogue cover girls) a recent cover girl (May 2002) and the background.

Will Do: Her hair, her make-up; her look (though it's a bit retro right? :doh: ), the dress.

Great: Jewelry and that Oscars costume article :innocent: .

Areas of improvement: More intresting people on covers (it doesn't always have to be an actress), better covers.

By all means, bring on the models, but better Natalie Portman than Frosty McBotox or Squinty McEyeless, IMO.

Originally posted by oanadobre+Jan 19th, 2004 - 5:12 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(oanadobre @ Jan 19th, 2004 - 5:12 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-tiffany@Jan 18th, 2004 - 4:04 pm
It's not a bad cover - I don't really like her hair, but she looks pretty - I love the eye makeup B)
I personally hate her eye make-up. Too strong and totally out of fashion. And also, I don't think it suits her [/b][/quote]
it's a classic smoky eye....i don't think that will ever go "out of fashion"

Originally posted by HBoogie@Jan 19th, 2004 - 12:51 pm
By all means, bring on the models, but better Natalie Portman than Frosty McBotox or Squinty McEyeless, IMO.
whos frosty mcbotox? i know who the ugly squinty eyes is!

Originally posted by poo@Jan 25th, 2004 - 9:25 pm
whos frosty mcbotox? i know who the ugly squinty eyes is!
:ninja: Nicole Kidman.

The cover is aight I guess but this issue is a good one compared to the many others that have sucked recently. "The Misfits" is a good layout and "Madness, mayhem, rookies & rivals" photographed by Mario Testino is fabulous especialy the photo "Dinner with Zac"

i like that natalie is on the cover, but it is way too boring :cry:

Originally posted by lele@Jan 18th, 2004 - 9:20 pm
nd even think it is sort of funny like models we dont need you - you dont do anything but have a pretty face and least these actors have talents....
Excuse me, but some models do not have pretty faces.
:sick:

Sometimes I think that they only hire these girls because they're 6 feet tall and wear a size 2 dress.

Originally posted by Scott@Jan 18th, 2004 - 9:21 pm
I'm so over Vogue its sickening. Aside from the celeb covers,the pages aren't even the slightest interesting anymore.
I totally agree.

It's an okay cover, nothing special. I tend to buy magazines more by the blurbs and a flip-through than by the cover photo...

Damn does anyone on tFS have anything positive ever to say... it's so dull to keep hearing the same complaining..

Sorry guys, I had to say it!

Originally posted by *AndoraStar*@Jan 26th, 2004 - 11:26 am
Damn does anyone on tFS have anything positive ever to say... it's so dull to keep hearing the same complaining..

Sorry guys, I had to say it!
i think she looks good. heart natalie portman.

i like it when magazines feature someone randomly. like they're not doing any major publicity or have any big movie coming out they just feature them because they're interesting and nice to look at. [:

OK, Vogue is becoming like Instyle for wealthier women... :innocent:
If Anna V needs celebs on a cover, why can't she pick out more interesting, edgier ones?
i know US Vogue is not exactly striving to be edgy, but still...

I, for one, quite liked the cover! :o I have been waiting to buy myself a Vogue for what feels like ages and have not wanted to spend my money on the same Renee, Nicole, etc. I have been holding out for a non-identical Vogue and it has finally arrived!... :wink: I was really pleased to see Natalie Portman for a change! She is a young, fresh face and a developing talent. I think the cover is really chic, the silver colour scheme is simple as well as elegant. B) Natalie looks good and I love her new haircut (she and I have the same haircut, which may have something to do with it...) Plus, I have always loved the flapper, Louise Brooks look. I was actually not that thrilled with the content of the magazine itself, but it was just so nice to get a different cover model for a change!... :flower:

The only time Natalie Portman has ever looked good with short hair was as Mathilda in Léon, and that was ten years ago.

Major thumbs down on this cover. The title should read "Comes of Old Age" because the sophisticated look misses and instead we get her looking like she's playing herself in a movie where her character is shown thirty years later. Her hair looks gray for corn's sake.

As for the inside pics, the first one is kind of interesting/fetching. The second one makes her look like the lead in the community theater version of Chicago. The last photo would possibly be nice if she didn't have that helmet, er, hair.

The rest of the magazine gets an A+ though. This is a fabulous Vogue!

Originally posted by Scott@Jan 18th, 2004 - 8:21 pm
I'm so over Vogue its sickening. Aside from the celeb covers,the pages aren't even the slightest interesting anymore.
i couldnt agree more!

:yuk: this is one of the ugliest and most disappointing covers vogue has ever had.
they must be so desperate to find the next possible celebrity on the cover it doesn't even matter anymore WHO it is. i mean, what's next?? pink? or can't you go THAT low???

Originally posted by liberty33r1b@Jan 28th, 2004 - 4:14 pm
what's next?? pink? or can't you go THAT low???
I can guarantee you that I'll be on the cover before that awful Pink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->