US Vogue February 2007 : Renée Zellweger by Mario Testino

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by moussemaker, Jan 16, 2007.

1. romeuuuuuuu

romeuuuuuuu New Member

2. LucyInTheSky

LucyInTheSky New Member

Renee scans (scanned by me):

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

#122 LucyInTheSky, Jan 18, 2007
    Last edited by moderator destyle: Jan 18, 2007
  3. Miss Dalloway

Miss Dalloway Well-Known Member

^^Thanks its a fun edit but still hate the whole idea.

4. Melly5525

Melly5525 New Member

Im so dissapointed by this cover, soo boring and unimaginative and overall unappealing

5. testinofan

testinofan ███████████████

Thanks LucyInTheSky for all scans:flower:

6. L.A.Gant

L.A.Gant Reinventing myself...

Thanks LucyInTheSky for all the scans... Agyness is a definite delight along with Hilary but overall the editorials are nothing special and I hoped for better. I just picked up the issue this evening.... maybe I will like it better once I am into it.

7. camm

camm New Member

thank you!

i like renee's shots. they're light and airy and bright and fun and a pleasure to look at. it is not to see that she didnt do some really contrived fashion shoot.

8. JFCoelho

JFCoelho New Member

I love that shot of her on the bike; she looks positively luminous.

Thank you for posting the beautiul photos!

9. liberty33r1b

liberty33r1b Well-Known Member

me too. if she had at least a bit fashion sense, i'd partly support the idea, but she's just boring, and putting her on the cover over and over again ceraintly doesn't change that......:flower:

10. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

I've already suffered Beatrix Potter overkill, with features in every newspaper supplement and so on. This means that instead of finding anything to delight in, there's nothing new in this feature for me.

And her expression on the cover reminds me of those moments when you look into a mirror that's got bad lighting around it - you end up looking more grotesque than you actually are, with unfortunate shadows that don't flatter your face.

11. polka_dot

polka_dot polka polka polka . dot

Yet another issue that reminds me why I hate this magazine.

The cover star makes me cringe, maybe because I can't name a single movie she was in I liked or maybe because my dad adores her. Probably both. I'll give it credit for an attempt at cute, but it failed miserably, and the editorials are the exact same as they always are.

Hana is a refreshing change, but Trentini in a studio ed is hardly anything new. Trentini being in US Vogue is hardly anything new. Meisel's ed is the same thing he always does each month. Approved models wearing beautiful clothes in highly unlikely places. I like the pairing of Hilary and Lily, but I won't even comment on Agyness since I don't get her at all.

Gemma's ed is so horrible it makes me want to cry. You can't even tell it's Sims! He's almost always shooting studio eds, but this isn't his style at all. Suvi's ed in the February issue of Vogue Paris or Iselin's in February W. . .that's Sims! This is no comparison. What's the point of even hiring the top photographers if they aren't allowed to showcase their individual styles? Every photographer that works for US Vogue does better work away from it.

12. Faith Akiyama

^Too true! It's a good thing that Sims does have a great editorial with Suvi in Vogue Paris Feb. ;)

13. beltedmaude

beltedmaude New Member

^^ That's very true. What is the point of having these great photographers if they don't use them well. Ah!

On a side note, subscribers have received their issues, no? Because I have not yet, and I am wondering why!

14. cavanaugh

cavanaugh New Member

actually, gemmas edit was the only thing that i enjoyed in the whole magazine...

15. Cosette

Cosette être ton cygne noir

excellent post, polka dot. :flower:
    i hope this magazine suffers from poor sales over the next year so they're forced to try new things.

16. eternitygoddess

eternitygoddess Active Member

Vogue will always be Vogue. It will always have it's circle of readers to fall back upon.

17. HeatherZ

HeatherZ Member

Well, finally, she closed her mouthB)

18. Julz

Julz New Member

I really hate this cover, there is something completely wrong with her gaze, its not sexy or cute or anything like that...its more deranged :blink:

Havent looked inside yet.

#138 Julz, Jan 20, 2007
    Last edited by moderator cloud_00: Jan 20, 2007
  19. L.A.Gant

L.A.Gant Reinventing myself...

I feel ripped off by this issue. It took me a couple of hours to read and other than one interesting article and a great editorial with Hilary and Agyness, the rest was utterly boring and unmemorable. Barring Celebrity choice, last month's issue was barely more exciting than this one and it's such a disappointment when you wait all month for the magazine only to toss it moments after receiving it due to its vacant contents. I am hoping for a fabulous March issue but I am beyond expecting much... This magazine definitely needs new blood - younger blood with edge and intelligence!

20. liberty33r1b

liberty33r1b Well-Known Member

^sadly i couldn't agree more....i've always respected anna, and i love her personal style, but it definitely IS time for a change here, period.
    l