US Vogue February 2007 : Renée Zellweger by Mario Testino

liberty33r1b said:
^sadly i couldn't agree more....i've always respected anna, and i love her personal style, but it definitely IS time for a change here, period.
l
Oh yes i completly agree,i think Anna is very talented but at this point she is more of a buisness woman than editor.She is at the point where she only cares for sales figuers and there is no secret she works with film studios bosses wich translates in all these actresses on cover of Vogue and the ones that get featured inside.
But i kind of understand her Politics because hey;Vogue has great circulation,they sell over million and a half copies every month.
Its doing amazing wich is beyond me:blink: and means people like us;who dont like it and want a change are less numbered than we think.:(
So she probably thinks:Why should i change anything when we are sucessful!Plus we all know she is a creautre of habits.:lol:

But i do still think that articles in Vogue are very interesting and its the reason i buy it,despite the boring covers.The thing is at this point their articles about food,politics,sport.etc are faar better than fashion ones or editorials.:ninja: Vogue should be mainly about fashion and its not.

I think Conde Nast needs to hire someone with the drive Anna had when she first came to Vogue wich is so missed these days.:innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
NickiLee said:
That's not fake. I happen to think Renee is a very good actress, much better than Nicole Kidman, and yes she does look quite weird sometimes but there are other times when she looks adorable. Not only that but she has a reputation of being one of the kindest and most down to earth women in Hollywood. She also doesn't parade her private life around for all the world to see. The cover isn't one of her best, but I do think it's kind of cute. I'd much rather have someone like Renee on a cover than a trampy, flash-in-the-pan publicity wh*re.

:flower: i like Renee and adore the cover. very cute and naughty, quite a refreshment from previous covers with polished actresses.

Caroline in Miu Miu last issue

Hana in Miu Miu this issue.

They already recycle celebrities on the covers constantly must they recycle editorials as well?

^:lol: NO KIDDING!! I am actually infuriated by the waste of talent in US Vogue. I can't stand seeing renowned photographers produce more 'Look at me jump! tee hee!!' studio editorials, as well as the use of models who are insufferably boring. I am sick to death of Caroline. Hana is bland. Lily always does the robo-barbie thing, plus the frozen 'duh?' look. Gemma is no better. However-- Agyness was very impressive. She's the only good thing about this mag.

^Regarding Agyness -- I agree that she was impressive. And it's obvious that Meisel's lens loves her, too.

this was the worst issue i've seen in a long time....or maybe just the building up for awful issues has gotten to me...

Amor says:

i like Renee and adore the cover. very cute and naughty, quite a refreshment from previous covers with polished actresses.

I whole heartedly concur. :cool:

style_savy said:

Caroline in Miu Miu last issue

Hana in Miu Miu this issue.

They already recycle celebrities on the covers constantly must they recycle editorials as well?

:( fashion looks like a small small industry when you see this ....you'd think with all the people working there someone would have caught this one..I like caroline better though...

I enjoyed the photographs of Renee (especially the one in the cute red dress on the bike) but I thought the article was terribly, terribly boring! And I usually love the articles...

However, I thought the article on Ted Hughes' lover (the one he left Sylvia Plath for) was very good and well written.

Oooo! I'm excited to buy it for the Agyness ed. It's good to see her in such a mainstream US mag. That cover though... I don't know... I may have to take a sharpie to it and make some adjustments.:innocent: Renee always looks like she is sucking a lemon. She can act, but I can't stand to look at her.

To be honest, I think this is the first issue of Vogue in quite some time that I'm not going to purchase, due to the lackluster editorials and cover. I'm disappointed, for lack of a better word.

seanutbutter said:
To be honest, I think this is the first issue of Vogue in quite some time that I'm not going to purchase, due to the lackluster editorials and cover. I'm disappointed, for lack of a better word.
Nothing I saw while flipping through the issue today compelled me to buy it, and that included Coco Rocha with black nail polish, Mrs. Exeter's wise words on what ladies of a certain age should wear to enhance their sensuality, Renée Zellweger being embraced by flashbulbs, a still-life of a solid chocolate handbag (accompanying one of Jeffrey Steingarten's usually engaging written pieces) and an article on a woman who 'sought love in the most dangerous of places' (prison, though we all know that in love, the heart is always a prisoner).

The fact that I'm virtually broke and would have needed to pay via credit card contributed less to my reserve than the overall dullness of the issue itself, for once. :ninja:

"19 dresses that show you whos the boss" intresting...i would love to buy it this month

I actually liked the cover, felt cute and winsome. Didn't even notice the bunny till someone mentioned here "why is she sitting on a bunny".

HATE the do it yourself ed. I work in industry, hard hats, steel toed boots, safety goggles the works. Do you see the expression on these girls faces? Except for the girl with the short spiky hair, they all look like "wuh?". These are supposed to be strong (emotionally, physcially) women. Women who've had to face leering coworkers in a male dominated profession, and none of them (even the smiley one) engender the slightest bit of confidence. Couldn't they atleast FAKE looking like they had some steel in them? Really dissapointed with this. If you're going to put girls in high heels on a construction set, don't make it SO obvious that they don't belong there by having them give ridiculous open mouth "huh?" expressions. Grrrr.

On page 106, where the staff from Vogue are all wearing the same dress but in different ways, did they really all just show up in the same dress? It seemed to suggest that. What I find surprising is that I only find that dress becoming on one person (the girl in the back with the thick black belt) the rest look like they're wearing a sack. :( Really dissapointed in this issue.

^
Bravo! :clap: Great post! I see your point -- and it certainly goes contrary to what Anna Wintour was trying in emphasize in her Editor's Letter in this issue -- that women are more in control, growing strength in male dominated workplaces, having more buying power, etc.

Overall, the fashion editorial content was weak. I did enjoy Tonne Goodman's work with Zellweger, even though Zellweger (to me) is a real "yawn". And goodness only knows what Grace Coddington was thinking with dressing Gemma in those getups.:ninja:

I need to be persuaded and inspired to buy the clothes, and,, unfortunately, I really wasn't persuaded much in this issue.:cry:

Could someone pretty please scan the feature on someone's home? Sorry I don't know the name of the person!:unsure: :flower: :flower:

Do It Yourself
Photography: Steven Meisel
Styling: Edward Enninful
Models: Agyness Deyn, Hilary Rhoda, Lily Donaldson

vogue

HQ Cover + look

Fashion Editor: Tonne Goodman
Hair: Didier Malige
Makeup: Stéphane Marais

archive.vogue.com

"Do It Yourself"
Models: Agyness Deyn, Hilary Rhoda & Lily Donaldson