US Vogue February 2013 : Rooney Mara by David Sims

Vanessa12

Reaction score
QngPi.jpg

twitter.com/epnebelle

Good to see her, but I don't like how sad she looks and the hairs on her forehead annoy me.
Other than that pretty decent.

At first, I found this miserable, and thought that something more enigmatic in her expression would have done the trick. But the more I look at it, the more I like the humanity of someone looking a bit unhappy and dishevelled on the front of a fashion magazine for one month, before we return to forced smiles and business as usual.

I love Rooney so Im really happy to see her again (Annas favourite YAY)
This cover is great, its really different from the usual cover. The way the picture is framed and her expression is just briliant (Mert & Marcus again I guess).
I have 2 problems with the cover and both come from being the American Issue, the first is the image that has nothing to do with the theme (Rooney with the sky as the background with the American flag over one sholder would be iconic) and the socond is the letters colors, again I know its the American issue but it has nothing to do with the image.

I like Rooney as a red carpet and cover star but Anna is so perplexing. A second cover for Rooney but still none for two-time Oscar nominees Jessica Chastain and Jennifer Lawrence both of whom had Oscar buzz for most of last year?

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG What happened?? Has Anna Wintour been fired?? Did somebody is in charge or what??? What happened with the cover layout? It looks so amateur, the pic out of frame, the fashion totally wrong, hair is like a big mess, so few coverlines and so much space that I don't get anything. I love Vogue and I loved Rooney's first cover but this? It's like I don't know, very weird. Hum I don't know I feel that it's not real, ok I know it is but there's something very wrong with this. I'll wait to see the editorials but this is an awful image for US Vogue.

Oh, I was expecting something more interesting than such a plain cover. It kinda looks like Allure :(
But I´m happy she´s on the cover, here´s hoping for more interesting editorial pics :smile:

i quite like it. the tone is a bit dark compared to an average vogue us cover, very vogue italia i would say. perhaps, it was shot by meisel. it also looks like m&m works too.

It looks fan made :unsure:

I don't like it, it really does look like it was sent to the printers by accident.

I wanted Kate Upton!!
I don`t even know who the hell Ronney Mara is!! I only know her because her previous vogue cover... boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

How does she have two covers already? I don't care if she's an oscar nominee.

It looks odd and old.

She is wearing Calvin Klein if I'm not wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apriloneil1987
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->