US Vogue February 2021 : Kamala Harris by Tyler Mitchell

dfl-001

Reaction score
X4tVxNZQ_o.jpg

Source eBay user: joooyy

That is rough! What is that font, also styling, zara is more luxurious

Last edited:
The styling is so off putting especially in contrast to the rich, colourful, Victorian-esq background. It’s almost like you want to put her in a Marie Antoinette wig and gown at this point.

Gone are the days of a « Vogue Makeover ». It’s like McDonald’s: Come as you are.

I guess it was shot by Tyler and it’s surely on brand with her « relatable » image but I’m not a fan. It lacks the timelessness expected for her stature.

I don't even mind the styling, it's the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ expression. It's like she had absolutely no time for this so the Vogue team had to go to her temporary office, quickly throw on a couple of tacky curtains next to the copy machine, she gave them 10 minutes of her time and here we are.

This has Tyler Mitchell written all over it. The whole thing could’ve been more tolerable if the cheap-looking curtain wasn’t there, it wasn’t a full length shot, and it was in black and white.

What horrid set design.... Happy to see Kamala, however. What's with fashion and the need to put curtains in the background any chance they possibly can?

They should've given her a proper glam-up for the March issue, not this throwaway.

I assume the whole point was to make her look approchable, down to earth - as the headline states, by the people for the people? I don't like it. What's with the sneakers? The sloppy suit? She's not even wearing a shirt, that's a plain white t-shirt. And for what? What was the reason? Could she not have worn a nice formal dress or a properly fitted fine tailored suit? I know it's not her fault and I understand that she's a politician or whatever but this is still supposed to be a fashion magazine. Whoever styled this should reconsider their career path, cause styling is clearly not it.

Oh how I wish to hear what dear old Donald would have to say about Kamala scoring a Vogue cover only months after the election when Melania was ''snubbed'' for four years, LOL Too bad the ***hole's Twitter got suspended.

I’m so tired of Tyler Mitchell’s set design and photography. Also, I thought Kamala would get the March cover. Will Dr. Jill Biden land the March cover?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->