US Vogue January 2013 : Gwen Stefani by Annie Leibovitz

It looks like she was wearing clothes from Mango.

:rolleyes:

HQ Editorials

MATERIAL GIRLS (US VOGUE Jan 2013)
Models: Karlie Kloss & Edie Campbell
Photo: Craig McDean
Fashion Editor: Camilla Nickerson

facebook.com/hyaku.kato

THE CHOP (US VOGUE Jan 2013)
Models: Karlie Kloss
Photo: Patrick Demarchelier
Hair: Garren
(6 pages about Karlie & her new haircut)

facebook.com/hyaku.kato

Last edited by a moderator:
^my exact thoughts! That would seem as though it belongs in Teen Vogue than regular Vogue. Karlie manages to look a lot older in the 60s ed where as Edie (although probably didn't have to try as hard) looks amazing

Goodness, that's the best I have seen Edie Campbell. Is this the reason behind Edie and Karlie getting the same haircut, for this shoot? Or were they cast because of their matching hairstyles? I'd love to know.

I absolutely love that photo of Karlie getting her hair cut. Very nice...

(6 pages about Karlie & her new haircut)

I love Karlie as a high fashion model and I think it's great that US Vogue gets behind her so much, but I can't see myself being that interested in a feature where someone with not-great-hair to begin with, gets a haircut that doesn't do much for her, but it doesn't matter, because every day she'll be working with beauty stylists that will make her look fantastic, regardless of what they have to work with.

I mean, it's not like when Kirsty Hume got the chop or Linda dyed her hair blonde/red/brown. For God's sake, even my hair is better than what Karlie has, before-and-after, and when your own hair is better than what you see in Vogue, it's a travesty, it's a sign of a world gone wrong.

^my exact thoughts! That would seem as though it belongs in Teen Vogue than regular Vogue. Karlie manages to look a lot older in the 60s ed where as Edie (although probably didn't have to try as hard) looks amazing

I was thinking Elle.. I feel like I've seen a million 'my most revelatory haircut' articles in Elle and I want to :sick: every time. :wink:

Also, I have to say that Edie really elevates that editorial. I just can't get into Karlie, especially in that where she looks like such a try-hard and Edie looks natural and cool.

Love the 60s mood, but not all the outfits nor the two models, in that ed. Edie is so natural and suitable for it(I knew it) while Karlie looks to be trying so hard. She just doesn't suits the mood, I guess.

Editorial HQ:

Hothouse Flowers
Photographer: Steven Klein
Models: Carolyn Murphy & Karen Elson
Styling: Grace Coddington
Hair: Julien d'Ys
Make-Up: Stéphane Marais

Digital Edition Vogue US 01/2013

Classic Klein :heart: it

^Uh, Amber-Shalom editorial copycat last year? It's nice although it's a little bit disappointing cause it strikes a resemblance to the said editorial from the same month last year.

Editorial HQ:

Chop Chop
Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier
Model: Karlie Kloss
Styling: Phyllis Posnik
Hair: Garren
Make-Up: Alice Lane

^Uh, Amber-Shalom editorial copycat last year? It's nice although it's a little bit disappointing cause it strikes a resemblance to the said editorial from the same month last year.

I actually think this editorial is muuuuch better than Amber & Shalom's last year (even though I love Amber & Shalom).

Editorial HQ:

Fire & Ice
Photographer: Annie Leibovitz
Celebs: Scarlett Johansson & Benjamin Walker
Styling: Phyllis Posnik
Hair: Julien d'Ys
Grooming: Losi
Make-Up: Alice Lane

Last edited by a moderator:

It instantly reminded me of that editorial as well (and Linda's from W of course)...Steven needs to get out of the hothouse once in a while. Anyway, I prefer this ed over last year's, the clothes are amazing and the night setting and kind of voyeur feeling lend a much needed edge to this magazine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->