US Vogue January 2018 : Lupita Nyong'o by Mikaeal Jansson

Awkward pose. You can literally see the pain in her face.

What a disappointment.

I was so happy to see Lupita's name in the thread title but this cover seems slightly awkward and lacking in energy.

TRACEE! TRACEE! TRACEE! (Ok i'll stop with her but it's time for her to have her cover)

Love Lupita, love Jansson but this is a let down. And if the cover wasn't underwhelming enough, she is wearing that annoying Dior by Maria Grazia thing. I'll pass on that!

I might be one of the only ones who likes this but WOW I looooooove it: from the pose, to her amazing luscious skin, the surfing vibe/yoga, the styling is beyond superb, great hair and makeup it will definitely be for me one of US Vogue best covers of the 2000 !!! Superb !!! Great layout and coverlines as well, it feels very good and pro and here´s the US Vogue I fell in love with in 2002 !

Lupita looks gorgeous... though the pose is a bit awkward...

I am not shocked she is getting another cover... she has been a best seller for US Vogue for years now...

I am so sick of Anna Wintour I can't even put it into words. As many on here have already said, she could have had many different women on this cover, but instead she goes with Lupita for her annual Vogue Cover. Unbelievable. I wish she'd retire. She lacks zero creativity and vision as this point in her career.

I like this palette of colors and is a nice concept for cover but her pose is so bad.. I prefer to see Imaan Hammam here.

I do like how everything feels fresh for a January cover, but unfortunately for me, this is another non-event from American Vogue this month.

Neutral on the cover. But her skin looks lovely, and I love the silver of her outfit and the blues in the background. I'm hopeful that the editorial will be a huge step up from the cover.

I might be one of the only ones who likes this but WOW I looooooove it: from the pose, to her amazing luscious skin, the surfing vibe/yoga, the styling is beyond superb, great hair and makeup it will definitely be for me one of US Vogue best covers of the 2000 !!! Superb !!! Great layout and coverlines as well, it feels very good and pro and here´s the US Vogue I fell in love with in 2002 !

I love it too. But I'm missing Lupita's gorgeous and illuminating smile. This would have lit up the mood against the silver/cold background. Also, just to add, Lupita's mentioned, in one her interviews, eons ago, that she partakes in yoga as well as weightlighting, and pole-dancing too :smile:

I love that Lupita's has the support of someone like Anna Wintour to give a black celebrity so many Vogue covers in such a short career span(hasn't she broke some sorta record with this?). But I would think her PR would be smart enough to expand her to other magazines as well.

Way back when, Anna used to put fresh faces on January covers....guess that's a thing of the past!

2018 covers has not started well

I don't know maybe i'm weird but i actually like this cover. Lupita always looks nice.

Boring cover, the playground looks so fake than was made in Power Point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->