US Vogue January 2019 : Priyanka Chopra by Annie Leibovitz

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by Melancholybaby, Dec 6, 2018 at 9:13 AM.

1. Perickles

Perickles Well-Known Member

It should be a close up of her face. The photoshop on her breast looks weird and that belt is so ugly.

2. jeffandtheworld

jeffandtheworld Active Member

In love with this cover. An Indian beauty on the cover of an American Vogue. Hard to believe it has actually happened.
    Despite the cover girl being Mrs Jonas, it is nice to see someone different on a cover of American Vogue. Goosebumps. Good start Vogue and Annie Leibovitz.

The cover needs that Tom Ford belt otherwise it would look totally bland.

3. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

I love that cover. After the digital debacle, this is a moment when print doesn't disappoint.

vogue28 likes this.
  4. ivano

ivano Well-Known Member

Hey, this is fresh. Why they shared those ugly digital covers first??? And please moderator, don't delete my comment this time, hahaha.

5. SLFC

SLFC Active Member

Okay that cover is muuuuch better.

6. SallyAlbright

SallyAlbright Active Member

One of the best American Vogue covers in a long, long time. Priyanka is stunning and this shot captures her natural beauty. Very cool to see an Indian woman make the cover.

7. A.D.C.

A.D.C. Well-Known Member

Who cares about the digital cover. This is the official and this the one which will be remembered. As insufferable as I have come to find her, it is still hard for her to go wrong on a cover with that beauty.

Benn98 likes this.
  8. RanThe

RanThe Member

So stunning! Great way to start off 2019! I’ll welcome more new faces as long as the covers turn out amazing like this one.

Also, this kinda reminds me of Halle Berry’s first Vogue cover for December 2002 also shot by Annie! (Both covers are breathtakingly beautiful).

9. Lucien112

Lucien112 Member

At this point, I feel like we're all just super grateful when a US Vogue cover isn't a bore or a disaster.

10. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

This is gorgeous, and only makes that stupid wedding-digital-Pixel-phone-gif-shitshow even sadder. They didn’t need any of it.

dfl-001 likes this.
  11. serendipity8777

serendipity8777 Well-Known Member

Fashion Editor: Tonne Goodman
    Menswear Editor: Michael Philouze
    Hair: Garren
    Makeup: Pati Dubroff
    Tailor: Christy Rilling Studio
    For Jonas: Grooming: Marissa Machado

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    vogue.com

crmsnsnwflks and gunsnroses like this.
  12. jal718

jal718 Active Member

13. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

Beautiful cover and happy for Tom! Clearly Anna likes his SS collections. He never had a FW collection on the cover.

I don’t know if the digital cover was a strategy to make us appreciate the regular cover but it worked.
    I still hate the ed...

14. aracic

aracic Well-Known Member

What a shame they wasted more than half of her pages on featuring Nick and promoting the wedding when they could've had an iconic editorial of her posing in some more dramatic and glamurous gowns. This way it's nothing more than lovely, or rather mediocre.

However, I'm pleasantly surprised with the outcome, considering the fiasco with that digital cover. Wondering what else is inside the issue

15. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Hate the couple shots, they should've just had a sitting with her. It's been some time since we've seen such oozing glamour. Don't like her makeup in the last shot. She looks poorly.

And yes, cover reminds me of Halle Berry's Bond cover many years ago.

16. octoberchild

octoberchild Active Member

Exactly. It's not a bad cover by any means but all the fawning over it is due to how bad the everything else surrounding this cover has been so far.

Also, no one has mentioned it, but the editorial may still very well be an ugly mess. Will the only pictures in the magazine be the ones with Priyanka wearing the gold and red dresses? And that's it? That's awfully thin for a cover profile. If not, and the outside pics are included that's messy and disjointed.

It's still a poor, to put it mildly, start for the magazine for next year with the digital cover, being out scooped by People and the cringe worthy cover lines. I wonder if other people like Vanessa or Robin will weigh in. I'm interested in hearing their thoughts on this.

Edit-I just saw the pics with Jonas posted from the editorial from Serendipity877 so I was right about that. Still an mess.

dfl-001 likes this.
  17. dfl-001

dfl-001 Well-Known Member

Nice cover!
    But I'm sick to death hearing all the hype and press about these two and this non-event wedding.
    The whole disaster digital preview, I just don't care now.
    Total misfire PR stunt.

octoberchild likes this.
  18. ellastica

ellastica Well-Known Member

I find the set direction, location scouting more interesting than the editorial subjects. Something out of an older Donna Karan ad campaign.

However thanks to the combo of Priyanka’s olive skin, choice of beige/gold dresses she fades into the gold background. The red dress shot is much better. The rest with Nick are throw away.

Yes VOGUE women breaking barriers, shattering glass ceilings and fighting for gender equality care just as deeply about LANDING a dream man.

aracic likes this.
  19. Marc10

Marc10 Moderator

The shots with the golden background are gorgeous and impactful... but the outdoors ones are so corny.

I don't necessarily dislike either of them, but the PR circus they made out of this wedding is laughably obnoxious and a peak of B-list celebrity attention seeking. And pretty embarrassing from Vogue to jump on it especially when the People Magazine got all the exclusives.

octoberchild likes this.
  20. mepps

mepps Active Member

I've never been the least bit attracted to Nick Jonas. Everything about him is basic, from his face to his reductive music.
    Having said that, I totally get his obsessive appeal to white gays. Priyanka is beautiful, but the hype around her wedding to this dude is perplexing. Are people really that interested in them as a couple? Don't think so. She looks lovely on the cover, but the editorial is meh. There's no chemistry between them, and Annie somehow managed to make her look awful in that last shot.

Vogue continues to not impress.