US Vogue January 2020 : The 'Vogue Values of 2020' by Annie Leibovitz

LOOOOOOOOVE! So random, yet so “it” right now with the topic.

can’t wait to see the other three covers. I wonder who?!??

This is such a great idea, I know people usually hate kids on covers, but i love that they gave covers to female designers. Also this is easily the most natural of Leibovitz covers. Bring on the others, there better be a DV cover!!

Seemingly surprising, but actually a very suitable way to start the new decade. Stella McCartney is a pioneer and a tireless advocate for sustainable practices in fashion. It annoys me a lot when her brand gets thrown around with the likes of Gucci and Prada for "banning fur and exotic skins" when she has been doing this for fifteen years. Also, the cover is very beautiful.

And three more covers? Is Victoria one of them?

Nice cover and I'm very happy for Stella. I wish she was alone on the cover! The kids are cute but I would have preferred a shot only with her.
Also, why did they post this cropped version on Instagram? Not the best way to show your cover.

The great unspoken issue about sustainability is overpopulation of the earth.

But I don't expect sense from fashion magazines (or companies), who just exist to sell pretty pictures and different types of products to consume.

Looks like the global Vogue family has reached a consensus, it's the Green January!
I kind like the idea that all Vogue editions push a specific theme together.

Come through Anna! She seems to have had some sort of a revelation recently with all these gorgeous covers and surprising cover subjects. Love everything about this! I wonder if the other covers will go to other fashion designers as well, especially fashion families. I'd honestly die for an Olsen cover!! Also it'd be criminal if they didn't book the Beckhams for one of the 3 covers, but then again Edward already did it with Victoria and her kids last year. This is an excellent way to start the new decade. Fresh and clean! Looking forward to more.

Also surprised to see Vogue doing multi covers! The only other multi covers I can recall are Beyonce's September and 125th anniversary.

Come through Anna! She seems to have had some sort of a revelation recently with all these gorgeous covers and surprising cover subjects. Love everything about this! I wonder if the other covers will go to other fashion designers as well, especially fashion families. I'd honestly die for an Olsen cover!! Also it'd be criminal if they didn't book the Beckhams for one of the 3 covers, but then again Edward already did it with Victoria and her kids last year. This is an excellent way to start the new decade. Fresh and clean!

Yeah VB had the cover by Edward already so she defo not part of this. I also wonder if this is an idea that represents 4 different designers from different countries!! So Stella would get it for UK, Olsens could be for US (I really hope they got the cover), Donatella for Italy, and maybe someone unexpected for France (read Paris lol). Just speculating though, that is what I would do with this theme.

I have to admit I cringed-ed a bit when I saw the "& family" bit and was half expecting to see Paul somewhere as well, but this has positively surprised me. Very fresh cover.

As I understand it, all four women are creatives and mothers. But I would love to see the Olsens on the cover. Also, Phoebe is British, no?

As I understand it, all four women are creatives and mothers. But I would love to see the Olsens on the cover. Also, Phoebe is British, no?

Oh sh*t, you're right. My bad lol
I just instantly connect her to Céline, forgetting she's neither french nor a part of the house anymore..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->