US Vogue January 2021 : The 'Vogue Values' of 2021 by Annie Leibovitz

What?

The only good thing about this is that a 63 year old woman is on the cover of Vogue.

January should be refreshing. This is a July cover at best!

The color scheme reminds me of Gal Gadot's US Vogue May 2020 cover

Last edited:
I actually really like this cover. Absolutely dying to see the others, got everything crossed that Indya Moore is one of the covers, they are just so incredible & deserves it.

I’m surprised to see Frances agreed to cover a fashion magazine, considering she’s the actress who doesn’t even want to dress up for award shows. She’s wearing Fear of God btw.

It's a really striking image in turn of color contrast. I like it's an outdoor shoot. She pull this off this style better than those tent like Valentino gown.

The only good thing is the cover subject. Truly awful, especially considering this is Annie Leibovitz. This image depresses me.

Soo happy to see Frances + honestly for Annie this is okay for me, the lighting is beautiful, it is a strong portrait even if I'm sad we didn't see a Vogue-ification of the subject, which, should not be controversial-- there's nothing evil about glamour and thoughtful sophistication etc. you don't have to look 'raw' to be serious etc. I hate this... if we saw Frances glammed up by Meisel it would not degrading in any way, it' escapism

I like it! I think the traditional Vogue probably wouldn't for a host of reasons, but I think the image is stunning! This is the most VI-iest American Vogue cover ever and yet it still very much on-brand for them.

Now about the other three....

I like the backdrop, the lighting and the outfit but the pose plus the cropping throw me off.

I reallly like it! It's very striking and I love the colours. I think it works for a January cover - it looks like the light from a sunrise/sunset, like we're on the edge of something new...which works nicely for a new-year issue.

A pretty rough cover photograph, which I don't know if I should love or loathe. At the very least I can appreciate the accurate representation of Frances here, and the complete lack of Photoshop. The backdrop and colours take me back to Gal Gadot's May 2020 cover (indeed, @[B]MON[/B]).

Reactions: MON
One thing exciting about this is the fact that January issues appear to be the "Vogue Values Issue" where we're getting multiple covers. Finally a ______ Issue for again. I miss the Power Issue, Shape Issue, and the Age Issue
I have to say i ADORED those themed issues, as well. Really thought they could be well done, miss them.

One thing exciting about this is the fact that January issues appear to be the "Vogue Values Issue" where we're getting multiple covers. Finally a ______ Issue for again. I miss the Power Issue, Shape Issue, and the Age Issue

Same here! I even missed the young Hollywood starlet who'd usually get the February cover.

The more I look at this cover the more I like it, especially the harshness of her skin and all the colours. Probably because it's so unlike Vogue to not make someone look prim and proper.

I love this and it’s mainly because of the photography itself, which is something weird considering it is shot by Annie. She does have more misses than hits lately...

That being said, I hold my breath because if it’s not the only cover, it also means we have chances to see bad covers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"