US Vogue July 2010 : Marion Cotillard by Mario Testino

she looks like a stepford wife on the cover.

model cast is pretty lame tbh but good for tanya and joan!:woot:
ETA:frida too:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
wow i might just have to buy this issue
the model cast is great (Joan and Tanya)
still waiting for Maryna to pop back into the pages
:lol:

Blah.

Natalia and celebs is getting a bit boring. Nice to see Frida & Patricia with OG eds, though.

Photographed by : Mario Testino
Styling by : Marie-Amélie Sauvé
Models : Joan Smalls, Jacquelyn Jablonski, Liya Kebede, Stella Tennant, Caroline Trentini & Mirte Maas

H I G H...&...M I G H T Y

Photographed by : Patrick Demarchelier
Styling by : Phyllis Posnick
Model : Frida Gustavsson

N O B L E...F A R E W E L L

Photographed by : Annie Leibovitz
Styling by : Grace Coddington
Models : Irina , Tanya , Karlie & Raquel

T H E...B R I G H T...S I D E

Photographed by : Raymond Meier
Styling by : Elissa Santisi
Model : Patricia van der Vliet

*.scan by surreal7..

I am sooooo excited for this issue.
Firts of all, Caroline, I love that girl to death and almost cried the day they stopped putting her on every issue of Vogue US.
Also, Demarchelier & Frida sounds like an amazing combo. She's very angelic looking and that's usually what he goes for in his pictures, so stunning.
Although I usually dislike Testino's superficial look, Marion's cover and editorial is stunning, and as some of you said, she could pass for a model.
I'm a bit intrigued by Patricia, and although I'm not a big fan of Meier, I really wanna see the outcome
& Finally, Natalia is always amazing, but the concept of the Lindbergh shoot, although overused, always hits the spot & makes for a great editorial.
Love everything thus far and can't wait to see the rest.
Good to see Vogue is finally doing fashion and not just celebrity-life.

great to see marion but i don't like the cover... on the other hand, the styling and main ed look great.
mario testino's ed sounds amazing... love the cast! it seems to be a good issue.

*great to see lindbergh back in vogue!

She looks beautiful on the cover. :heart:
I find it a bit funny how they abstained from filling with letters the bosom area like they usually don't do.

Natalia's story is also quite gorgeous. I'm definitely getting this issue.. sounds like a nice treat to get ready for F/W 10.

I'm thrilled that they have a fresh new face on the cover! Thank God! This putting a "star" on the cover twice in 12 months pattern they've gotten into is for the birds!

Should I use say another "O-M-G" again? :lol: Finally, the actress that I have been waiting for to appear on the cover! Marion looks so beautiful. Effortless is just the right term for it to describe. And what a gorgeous spread she has! The styling is impeccable. :heart:

The content sounds really promising! Great line-up of models from Caroline, Karlie, Irina, Tanya, Joan, Frida, Patricia and..Stella Tennant! :woot: Am I the only one who's happy that she's back in US Vogue? :D I'm more excited to see Indelible Ink and Noble Farewell. Hope they're not disappointing. Thanks surrealseven for the review! :flower:

Another great cover from US Vogue after SJP's May 2010. :smile:

Another actress, at least it's not a Kate

I actually like the cover. I'm really excited for the debut of Jacquelyn in U.S Vogue. Although I'm put off of thought of Frida, Mirte and Patricia in this issue.

LOL @ the name of Frida's thread, High and Mighty :lol:
Vogue US knows what's up :shifty:
but I'm thrilled for her, I didn't expect her to be popping out on the pages of Vogue US so soon :blush:
looking forward to seeing Patricia's editorial and great to see Mirte and Jacquelyn.

the editorial casting sounds amazing & styling by marie-amélie sauvé is sure to be something spectacular. sooooooo excited to see joan.

beautiful cover and editorial for Marion! I love it so much even though I am usually bored by their covers. Can't wait to see Joan and Tanya's edit too! hopefully joan will keep being a Vogue US girl, she is totally Wintour's type imo

I don't like the cover simply because it's Vogue US. It's somewhat fascinating how they're able to make practically every star-cast cover looking boring and predictable to death.

I really like Natalia's editorial. By the way is it time for F/W 10 clothes already or I'm not getting the fashion world's speed again? :unsure:

The only complaints I have are that Oprah and Lady Gaga's name are more in-your-face than Marion's and the fact that there isn't any Daria...

If I were a neurotic celebrity and caught sight of that on my cover, I would be having a hissy fit in my dressing room that their names were printed more prominently than my own. If Lady Gaga is that important in terms of sales appeal, give her a cover of her own.

The cover is nice, but the shot kind of washes all her charm out in my eyes... That's a very exciting issue though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->