US Vogue June 2010 : Blake Lively by Mario Testino

raquel + vogue us isn't usually a combo that works for me... but that edit is splendid! the casual summery vibe is delightful. as are daria's shots... i only wish there were more :heart:
karen's ed, though, leaves me impassive. i've never gotten her appeal anyway, and the shots are terribly lackluster, everything but suitable for a june issue.

Why is Doutzen's ed so short? It's the best one imo and I love the Raquel's ed too.

haven't look at the editorials very closely but it looks like they're pretty good. thanks for all the scans.

"Rebel Yell"
Models : Caroline Trentini, Green Day & 'American Idiot' musical cast
Ph : Patrick Demarchelier

Taken by Elfinkova

Karen and Jack look so good together! I'm in love with their ed. :heart:

I expected better work by Terry, but it's just getting to the point where it's unbearably mediocre. He had a great model and a perfect location and he came up with this? Very disappointing.

I've long since learned to not expect anything of Terry Richardson, but this does feel underwhelming. The one time Terry is bothered to leave the studio, we instead of blah -- get more blah. How tedious.

Raquel looks stunning in her ed, however. The sleekness of the styling against the warm, beach background works very well here. Simple, yet effective, and very representative of one of the reasons I come back to this magazine at all as it is today -- their eds aren't overwrought.

Not a fan of Karen's edit, it's too dark for a June issue. But Daria's two pictures totally make up for it!

With the whole 'Blake Lively bumping Kristen Stewart', supposedly because Kristen didn't want to talk about her personal life; Vogue knows, and everyone else knows that if they put Kristen on the cover, regardless of what she says (or doesn't say in the interview), it'll sell. That's a no brainer for sure. I think it's much more likely that they didn't like Kristen's shots as much, so decided to go for Blake's shoot.

vogue photoshopped kristen stewart's legs to look much longer. stewart is only 5'6.

this was the very first thing i thought upon seeing the photo, as well. one look and i thought, "oh, they've completely stretched her legs". it's so hilariously obvious. and stupid. why bother?!

i happen to think that the cover is gorgeous. Blake Lively has a certain charm, a star quality that's gonna take her far. and if Ben Affleck is to be believed -- she's also an incredible actress when given quality material (he directed her in his upcoming film, The Town). he said to Esquire magazine that he was basically blown away by her and that he was so happy to be the first one to "discover" her in a way, as a legitimate film actress.

SO -- i think she's a great choice for a cover. yeah, it would've been amazing to see Raquel finally get a cover (she's probably the most consistently fantastic model of the past decade), or Daria, or even Karen with Jack. but the reality is that this is a June issue and Blake looks the part. and she's at least somewhat relevant culturally, at the moment.

i still think that Kristen would've been a smarter choice on Anna's part - if only because the twi-hards are so bloody devote .. they would've snatched up hundreds of thousands of copies of the mag. haha.

Rebel Yell (scans)

"Rebel Yell" with the American Idiot cast, Caroline Trentini, Green Day, Fela! cast, and Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson's Benjamin Walker
Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier

(First two pages:(
Fashion Editor: Grace Coddington
Hair: Didier Malige
Makeup: Gucci Westman

Fela! cast:
Costume designer: Marina Draghici
Hair & Makeup: Cookie Jordan

Benjamin Walker: Groomed by Losi at the Wall Group

Scanned by flyme2themoon

Style Ethics

^ I forgot to include that the text in the above feature was written by Adam Green.

"Style Ethics"
Model: Liya Kebede
Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier
Hair: Thom Priano
Makeup: Diane Kendal
Editor: Tonne Goodman
Text by Florence Kane

Scanned by flyme2themoon

New Guard

"New Guard"
Featuring designers: Joseph Altuzarra, Prabal Gurung, Eddie Borgo, Carly Cushnie & Michelle Ochs (Cushnie et Ochs), Matthew Ames, Aimee Cho (Gryphon), Dana Lorenz (Fenton/Fallon), Bibhu Mohapatra, Irini Arakas (Prova), Max Osterweis & Erin Beatty (Suno), Pamela Love, Julian Louie, and Eviana Hartman (of Bodkin)
Editor: Sally Singer

Scanned by flyme2themoon

Last edited by a moderator:
i love the 'rebel yell' edit, i wish it was much longer.!
caroline surprisingly fits the vibe of the shots, i'm quite impressed!
thanks flyme2themoon :flower:

I don't like blake's cover but i prefer her than KStewart

Flash: It Girl Joan Smalls / The Namesakes / Talking Fashion: Live and Let Dye / Topshop's Makeup Moment

Scanned by flyme2themoon

If I had a choose between Kristen and Blake I would go with Blake even though I'm not fond of eaither women

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->