US Vogue June 2010 : Blake Lively by Mario Testino

Nice cover. She looks fresh.

Was really hoping for a Zoe Saldana cover but I haven't seen any pigs fly by my window....

Can't wait to see Doutzen's editorial! Really looking forward to the result of her collaboration with Terry Richardson.

Nice cover. Blake looks really nice and fresh. Very glad she doesn't look like a living Barbie.

Excited to see Doutzen.

Can't believe she's featuring again. I don't love the cover but the editorial is great! Blake is so such a hot beach babe.

the ed reminds me of old testino eds w/ karolina kurkova circa early 2000's... It's very fresh and pleasant to look at but I hate the fact that they styled lively as a "SURFER GIRL" w/c I believe is her "stereotype"

Wow, 10 members and 22 guests at this thread right now. Seems that everybody's interested in this issue for one reason or another. I know I am... Doutzen...!!! LOL!

I don't really get why she had a feature in the last issue, and then a cover of this one?

Seems a bit of an over kill.

at first i was like UGHHHH i already hate it because i dont like Blake, but i must say the cover looks tastefully done. I dont mind it at a Vogue US cover...cant wait to get mine

I don't like it at all, to be honest. And that isn't only my dislike for Blake Lively; it's just a boring and uninspiring cover and shot.

Unbelievable. Was just on and has zero talent...got lucky getting that show. They really need to re-evaluate their cover girls.

I notice from the cover that there's a story re Karon Elson and Jack White. Why in the world would that put this talentless person on the cover (who just had a cover last year) when they could have Karen Elson, who is gorgeous, incredibly talented and photogenic? I'm really really disappointed w/US Vogue. A real let down.

13 members and 18 guests and counting! I wonder how many people would be on this thread had it been a model on the cover?

^^ Maybe because not everyone finds Karen to be gorgeous, incredibly talented and photogenic? :flower:

^ I would also argue that not everybody finds Blake to be gorgeous and photogenic (me included) :P

Karen has gotten a lot more generically beautiful over the years. With the right make-up, I don't see why she can't appeal to the bigger audience.

Sorry. Friendly debate! :flower:

Just terrible. Not to mention, she is very bland. As I said on her thread, I mistook the editorial for Sports Illustrated.

No problem. :wink:

I would have loved to see Karen on the cover of any Vogue again and I'm not a fan of Blake - but I guess she fits the June issue far more than a pale redhead femme fatale with a kind of Gothic edge.
That said, the cover isn't overwhelming but it certainly evokes summery vibes. B)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
effettovetro
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->