US Vogue June 2010 : Blake Lively by Mario Testino

Preview
Steal of the Month : Kristen Stewart

twitter/kstewfans

blake is a celebrity on the rise & i like the cover. however, i dont love it & am still wondering why the editors are still putting celebrities & not models on the cover. in any case, at least we have something cute to look at. very spring appropriate.

Well, the fact that they have a feature on Kristen Stewart in this issue isn't a good omen to me. Anna may want to use her for a cover and I couldn't stand another zero talent celeb on the cover of US Vogue.

Interesting.

from Jezebel.com

Another year, another Blake Lively Vogue cover. Anna Wintour loves this long-legged Gossip GIrl, even if the newsstand buyers don't tend to agree.

According to the Audit Bureau Of Circulations, Lively's February 2009 cover sold about 50,000 copies less than the same cover the year before, with about 340,000 copies. (Then again, Jessica Biel's hideous February 2010 cover only sold 250,000 copies. America is Team Blake!) With Lively, Wintour gets a model-esque look with just enough celebrity

I wonder who was on the February 2008 cover? When do they release final info about cover sales for the top magazines? I thought there was an article every year.

am still wondering why the editors are still putting celebrities & not models on the cover.

:rolleyes: Because celebrities sell better?

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see models on the cover of US Vogue too, but like do people honestly ever get tired of whining about there not being models on the cover of Vogue EVERY damn month? Again, unless they are celebrity in their own right models aren't probably going to appear on the cover of Vogue anytime soon. I don't understand why people don't just get over it and stop beating a dead horse.

I wonder who was on the February 2008 cover?

Kate Bosworth. :ninja:

Last edited by a moderator:
:rolleyes: Because celebrities sell better?

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see models on the cover of US Vogue too, but like do people honestly ever get tired of whining about there not being models on the cover of Vogue EVERY damn month? Again, unless they are celebrity in their own right models aren't probably going to appear on the cover of Vogue anytime soon. I don't understand why people don't just get over it and stop beating a dead horse.

Kate Bosworth. :ninja:

Ew. Kate has accomplished even less than Blake.

I don't get the fuss over models vs celebrities either. It's a tired complaint. What difference does it make whether the attractive woman on the magazine cover goes by the title of model or actress? The result will be the same-- an attractive, (likely) thin woman will grace the cover.

I personally think she's the absolute perfect covergirl for June. She looks absolutely great in the in the photos.

And as for the Jennifer Aniston comparisons? I really really don't see it. Aniston never struck me as a beach babe and I don't think she's even a natural blond. Plus Blake Lively's career is looking like it'll be more then just a gossip mag thing. She was in the excellent "The Private Lives of Pippa Lee" last year, she's the leading lady in the upcoming "Green Lantern" movie, and she has a plum role in the upcoming Oscar-bait drama "The Town".

Blake does absolutely nothing for me. But if Karen Elson has a long editorial, I'm so there.

i can picture jennifer aniston being photographed the same way in the same outfit as lively on the cover.

Add Cameron D to that list, too. Vogue US is predictable, to say the least.

I guess Kristen's features puts to rest the rumors that she has an upcoming cover.

Perfect cover to start summer! I really love Blake, she looks smashing.

Really looking forward getting this issue

Ew. Kate has accomplished even less than Blake.

I don't get the fuss over models vs celebrities either. It's a tired complaint. What difference does it make whether the attractive woman on the magazine cover goes by the title of model or actress? The result will be the same-- an attractive, (likely) thin woman will grace the cover.

THANK YOU. Honestly, there are plenty of models that are less attractive and "enviable" than the Blakes and Siennas of the world. A beautiful cover is a beautiful cover, period.

Nice cover, but could be nice to see Leigthon on cover.

And i can't wait to see the eds.

The cover looks really grat and fresh! LOVE THAT THERE IS NO BANNER! Thank you, Vogue editors!

the cover isn't the best thing but the editorial looks lovely. i love the mood and the way she suits testino's summer aesthetic.

Finally, it's here. :smile:

I must say that it looks good. Blake looks gorgeous. It reminds me of Uma Thurman's June 2006 cover because of the styling (Sweater and underwear). But if I were to compare this with Uma's, I'd go for this one. Her spread looks good too. Much better than her Feb. 09 one. Though her mole is kind of irritating me. :lol:

Can't wait to see Karen's ed. by Leibovitz!

mario is plagiarizing himself! here's a photo shoot he did with kate moss in 1996:

surf4.jpg
surf1.jpg
surf2.jpg
surf5.jpg

herfamedgoodlooks.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back