US Vogue June 2010 : Blake Lively by Mario Testino

I have nothing against Blake. She seems very sweet. However, I do agree that she has gone by on the "sunny golden girl" looks without any talent to back it up.

That's precisely the problem. I also have nothing against Blake except the fact that she has absolutely no talent whatsoever. To think that she has already nailed to US Vogue covers is outrageous, imho.

I suppose we should prepare for another Keira Knightley cover in the next couple of months...they're recycling cover girls quickly again...:innocent:

It's a travesty Blake has two covers while Zoe Saldana- who has starred in the biggest movies of the decade has none.

mario is plagiarizing himself! here's a photo shoot he did with kate moss in 1996:

herfamedgoodlooks.com
It's just his style, sexy girl(s) surrounded by half-naked Adonises with sunshine and water. :flower: Now the surf is the new black in the fashion culture, no wonder the mags focus on it.
The colours in Blake's ed are nice, i like the styling, too. But there's more vitality in the guy next to her. And that hairstyle on the cover wasn't the best choice.

No like she are again in the cover but i like the ed very classic of Testino

Steal of the Month : Everything Is Illuminated
Actress: Kristen Stewart
Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier
Stylist: Tabitha Simmons

twitter user quiet_soliloquy

this girl bores me to tears but it's a nice summery cover for US Vogue. i like the 'natural' look... and well, talking about boredom, after looking at the picture above blake suddenly became interesting.

I'm not a Blake fan but I have to say the cover is good. Very summer and 90s feeling.

It's a travesty Blake has two covers while Zoe Saldana- who has starred in the biggest movies of the decade has none.

Word to all of this. I totally think as LucyInTheSky said up thread, "Tousled blondes aren't the only people who go to the beach and look good doing it." Zoe would have totally rocked that cover and ed. With Avatar, The Losers and four more movies coming out this year she's Hollywoods "it girl" ATM. Plus her fashion has been on point. It really is a travesty.

As much as I love Blake and the cover, why does she get a 2nd cover? IDGI.

blake.. ehh can't bring myself to like her but can't bring myself to get mad when she gets covers ether. anna is definitely working overtime to make her happen though. surprised to see terry richardson-not after all the fuss a couple of months ago. truthfully, it makes me feel both anger and amazement at the fashion world's ability to overlook scandal and pretend ignorance. its somewhat disappointing really.

I like Blake but agree about the cover being bland. A mere shadow of the Uma Thurman story. Looks like an overcast day on the beach. Where is the sun? A little vibrancy would have helped. And as much as she is the new media darling, magazines have yet to embrace her gorgeous curves (however enhanced they may be). For someone who is lean and filled-out in all the right places, it is a shame that they make her hips and thighs look no different from those of your average petite actress.

It's a pretty cover, very fresh.

Why they featured a sweater with slits on the cover is beyond all logic though.

I am not liking the cover. It looks more like a Self Magazine cover than a Vogue cover. Her editorial is pretty good though.

Still can't believe she's landed another cover. If I'm correct, she has no films coming out in the next few months and GG finished today... her publicist must be a f**king miracle worker. But according to Blake, Anna has taken a liking to her so that could be why.

It's a nice cover...not as strong as her previous one but there is a freshness and sexiness to it that I haven't seen in recent US Vogue covers. The editorial is quite nice as well, although the clothes don't really stand out against that busy background.

I do love the cover and Blake's editorial. it is fresh, effortless and bringing the summer spirits. I think Blake is the perfect choice for the summer issue.

Blake looks beautiful on the cover (even with that awful sweater). I'm just glad the Vogue team didn't do something objectionable to her face.
Also, on the plus side, at least it's not Kate Hudson.

Don't care this to be honest, agree everyone about Jennifer Aniston, it reminds me one of her old covers. Looking forward to see editorials.
There's Daria Werbowy again in this issue (one seller mentions it on ebay).

vogue photoshopped kristen stewart's legs to look much longer. stewart is only 5'6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->