US Vogue June 2012 : Hope Solo, Ryan Lochte & Serena Williams by Annie Leibovitz

why Ryan Lochte ?where's Phelps

ok, he's great, but Phelps is a legend!!!!

and Serena Williams ?oh, come on ,this is 2012,not 2000!!!!!

It's not bad but it's not good either. It would have been more interesting if they used more up and coming athletes, I think.

Although I think Vogue does deserve a bit of credit for doing this cover. Yeah they're not models, but they're not faces that we see often on covers, unlike actresses.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is ridiculous, because it's olympic year so they can turn into a sport magazine and do whatever they want? besides, they have done the same 10 years ago?it's not enough already?

So is he the fourth man on Vogue US's cover? After Richard Gere, George Clooney and LeBron James?

i love the cover. looks very fresh!!!

it's a nice to take a break from celebs and give the attention to athletes. i want ryan's body!

Ohhhhh WOW I didn't see this one coming that's for sure!!! WOW, I'm uh lol speechless, I don't know what to think. Ok, calm down lol, I mean, it doesn't look high fashion or super glamorous that's for sure, then, uh, I mean these are unusual characters to be featured in Vogue and moreover on the cover. The problem I have is that, this Vogue cover doesn't look like a Vogue cover, it seems yeah very sporty/men's health/weird, where is the vibe of high fashion, society and chic which made Vogue as this global brand and identity of style and refinement? This looks very yeah I don't know, weird. Of course it's a fresh air to see new faces but the fonts + coverstars + theme (which we already had a shape issue) don't make me feel excited. Will wait the video of the covershoot + editorials to give my final opinion...

So is he the fourth man on Vogue US's cover? After Richard Gere, George Clooney and LeBron James?

Chris Noth's legs and arms were on a Sarah Jessica Parker cover!

I was expecting something way worse than this when I saw the title, to be honest. I think it's a good sports/Olympics cover, they look athletic and quite glamorous at the same time.

And this Ryan is quite a hottie, isn't he? :brows:

Chris Noth's legs and arms were on a Sarah Jessica Parker cover!

héhé true :P

why Ryan Lochte ?where's Phelps

ok, he's great, but Phelps is a legend!!!!

and Serena Williams ?oh, come on ,this is 2012,not 2000!!!!!

I totally agree!!! Phelps deserved this way more than any other athletes and Serena yeah lol she isn't at the top for more than a decade, I guess since she started to have an interest in fashion and received Ana's 'ok', got the chance to be featured and to get a spot on the cover. Models... will they ever regain their place on the throne? :cry: With covers like these it seems not :innocent: we'll see.

That cover is cheesy! Yeah, it's great that they are celebrating athletes and fitness to tie in with the Olympics, but it's just so....forced.

And those swimsuits? It baffles me that those cheap looking things would have chosen when not a few months back Vogue did a feature on high-end, high-fashion, swimsuits-for-fashion-only-sakes.

They're probably saving Michael Phelps for a GQ cover after he wins another 500 medals this year. Also, do you really think Anna would let someone with his face on her magazine?

I will gladly take this over another picture of an actress with a movie to promote staring blankly into space while pouting. This is fresh, light and effervescent. Love how happy and healthy they all look. This is a beautiful image and if there ever was a time to talk about sports & fashion, this would be it.

ALSO: No annoying red banner!! They even held back a little with the text! This is downright miraculous!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing exciting or creative about this cover

Not amazing, but not bad. Looks more like a men's fitness magazine than a fashion one.

Not to be harsh, but, Michael Phelp's face is not cover ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->