US Vogue June 2012 : Hope Solo, Ryan Lochte & Serena Williams by Annie Leibovitz

I am not a huge fan of Arizona but I have to say I really like her ed!

Jennifer's photos are smoldering. They're the best thing about the issue, and compliment the Olympics theme to perfection.

I liked Arizona's ed, it's splendid! Never seen her this way before, she looks really cool!

^That is not very well done in my opinion. She's a better model than that. I'm not really getting a sense of motion in most of those images, which are supposed to be Arizona on the go or moving, I'm assuming. And the hair really detracts from her face and hides her eyes, which is a huge part of what is missing in the editorial too.

I am surprised, however, that I actually do like Annie Leibovitz's editorial somewhat. The pictures wholly are still not that great; compositionally some of them are rather weak, but I do like the athletes, despite the puzzling angles. (The last guy..basketball player? really hot..the swimmer too.) I think my main problem with the editorial though is how nonsensical it is in using Karlie Kloss as an accessory. It's really quite ridiculous, especially the image where she's sitting in the basketball hoop. Could have gone with just the portraits, but of course it's a fashion magazine. It's a bit camp, but I think it's very Leibovitz-style. I must say that this is the best I've seen her apply this tackiness in some time..

^ I totally agree with you, the hair is very distracting, we don't see her eyes, the movements' shots should have been picked better, we feel that those shots are like outtakes in-between instead of the actual editorial itself.

Country Strong (HQ SCANS)
Model: Karlie Kloss & Athletes
PH: Annie Leibovitz

Nextmodels

^Thank you for posting, Polevshchikova! This is beautiful.

^ I second that, thanks for posting, great scans of the ed, its beautiful.

PREVIEW
Destiny's Child
Model: Ophelie Rupp (?) or Caroline Trentini (?, a safer bet)
Hair: Garren
Make-Up: Gucci Westman
Set Designer: Stefan Beckman
Photographer: Steven Klein
Fashion Editor: Phyllis Posnick

exposureny.com/blog

"Steal of the Month: Body and Soul"
Model: Stephanie Gilmore
Photographer: Boo George
Stylist: Tabitha Simmons
Hair: Danilo
Makeup: Chino Omae

frankupdates

I think the model in Destiny's Child is Lisa Cant if I'm not mistaken
Posted via Mobile Device

^It is Lisa Cant looking fabulous. Steven Klein's double-page spreads for US Vogue never fail to amaze.

I complained in the other thread on the Meryl Streep issue and I found out that this cover is the same. Where are the people's feet? Why do they always get chopped?

oh LOL, maybe Anna has some kind of obsessive disgust over feet :lol:

Does someone regret the love for this cover? Surprised 'cause the positive reviews here.

Last edited:
Body Heat
Photographer: Mario Testino
Stylist: Tonne Goodman
Star: Jennifer Lopez
Make-Up: Charlotte Tilbury
Hair: Oribe

vJjhhWel_o.png

GhTAbW6S_o.png

JdPyyje2_o.png

KZi9hcxx_o.png

tI2Kbx0a_o.png

Source.

Fashion Editor: Tonne Goodman
Hair: Oribe Canales (Hope and Ryan) & Nikki Nelms (Serena)
Makeup: Fulvia Farolfi (Hope and Ryan) & Sheika Daley

Vogue Archive

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->