US Vogue June 2012 : Hope Solo, Ryan Lochte & Serena Williams by Annie Leibovitz

I love the cover!:heart:

What a lovely and beautiful way to celebrate the Olympics.
Much better than British Vogue’s approach...I mean really, sticking Kate on the cover, was that entirely necessary!:ninja:

Ok, now that I've seen the video, I have a much better appreciation for this issue. Showcasing these Olympic athletes is a true compliment and appreciation for their dedication to their sport. No "health" magazine can duplicate what Leibovitz has achieved here. She's integrated the beauty of fashion with the elegance of these magnificent athletes.

The video made me see the cover in a whole different perspective. To me now, it looks very inspiring. As cheesy as it sounds but to me now, their exaggerated smiles represent their dreams in a good way. I like it

January 1993 saw the worst US Vogue cover ever... for anyone who didn't live through it, this is what went on sale (topfashionmodel.net:(

^^ Haha that truly is bad, i also remember Princess Diana being on the cover, and they couldn't get her to pose for them, so Wintour approved the paparazzi candid for the cover shot, "Glenda Bailey style". :ninja:

They're probably saving Michael Phelps for a GQ cover after he wins another 500 medals this year. Also, do you really think Anna would let someone with his face on her magazine?
:rofl:

Aaron Peirsol forever remains the hottest one (sorry Ryan)
Posted via Mobile Device

Body Heat
Photographer:
Mario Testino
Stylist: Tonne Goodman
Star: Jennifer Lopez
Make-Up: Charlotte Tilbury
Hair: Oribe

vogue.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I do wonder if this was intended for the April cover? The second shot looks like a cover try... and in the end this story was axed for the April issue once the idea for the swimsuit cover for this issue came to fruition.

I don't know how J-Lo does it, she looks in her early twenties. The woman doesn't ever have a bad day does she?

I do wonder if this was intended for the April cover

It could have well been, the fact the shots really show off her body seem to indicate this.

She just looks amazing, what a woman, wow at the first shot!

And ya mikel i thought of that as well, it would make sense why they decided to feature it in June, so not to totally waste the shoot.

I love the Olympics, so I've no problem with a sports-themed issue every two years. I just don't like the way the cover was shot, especially their swimsuits. They're the cheapest things I've ever seen. Having the athletes standing around hanging out instead of "running" with those goofy smiles on their faces would've been a million times better as well.

"Get Your Kicks"
Model: Arizona Muse
Photographer: Craig McDean
Stylist: Tabitha Simmons
Hair: Malcom Edwards

streeters

I HATE THOSE FONTS.

VP used to have such a nice typography that was really elegant and sophisticated. Now it looks like a cheaper, kid friendly font.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoutshonor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->