US Vogue June 2016 : Margot Robbie by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Apart from the tacky animal print (is this the first time I see it on a cover under Anna?)...

While technically a foldout cover, Naomi wore an animal print swimsuit on the cover in the 90s.

The cover is a major FAIL !!!!!!!
How can u approve that???

But I love Margot

I have always liked their june covers, they're always the most uncomplicated.

this gives me serious Vogue paris circa 2000-2007 aesthetic which is my favourite from VP so i love this one. GO Anna! Keep on giving us something fresh!

That smile is...so strange. Notice the weird negative space between her teeth and the side of her mouth, on our left. It's like they stretched it out and forgot to make it coherent.

She's such an effortlessly pretty woman, I don't know why magazines always seem to find a way to not flatter her.

Doesn't look like US Vogue, and that's a good thing. I like it.
Indeed, that alone makes it already a good cover. :D
Like the summer vibe, but it's not her best pic, she looks older than she is. But overall a nice good old times supermodel cover.

Margot is just so gorgeous and this is definitely one of their best covers to date! :wub:

For some reason I imagined she would be more like an old Hollywood actress, wavy hair, bold red lipstick, very gorgeous.

The smile looks fake to me, but she's still stunning and she's one of those actresses I like seeing on the cover of Vogue.
It's a very good cover for Vogue US too, usually they have more boring covers.

At first glance, I love it. At second glance, her head looks photoshopped onto her body.

Vogue Runway said it was photographed by Mert and Marcus.

Unexpected to see Margot, it really feels like a delight. She's absolutely gorgeous. Beautiful cover!

^ Ugh, I really don't want them to work for US Vogue so often. And i'm actually surprised Anna chooses them, they're rather tacky personalities especially Mert. But I guess few people who buy the magazine know them.

Mert & Marcus are on a role!! 3 issues back to back!!! This screamed Mario Testino, but honestly I'm glad it's not him because we really did need a break from his work.

^ Ugh, I really don't want them to work for US Vogue so often. And i'm actually surprised Anna chooses them, they're rather tacky personalities especially Mert.

What matters is their work, no? If it's good who cares about their personalities. The problem is that their work is awful as of late, espcially for US Vogue.

Also, they should find a style or go back to their old look. This looks 100000% Testino.

This screamed Mario Testino, but honestly I'm glad it's not him because we really did need a break from his work.

A break but they copy him? If that's the case, I'd rather have the original.

The more I see the cover the more I dislike it. What an EYESORE. It's wrong in every level.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love Margot!! I'm glad to see her on the cover but it's not a great picture..

Tarzan’s Margot Robbie on Why She’s No Damsel in Distress
Photographed by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott
Fashion Editor: Tonne Goodman

vogue

^That close up would've made a better cover. Without the silly necklace, of course, which looks 100% out of place. Was it styled by Tonne? She must be the worst stylist EVER.

Hate men appearing in women's magazines... It's like so corny. The love thing makes me cringe.

M&M?? Wow! Her feature is much better than the cover! How on earth was the shot of her in the belted burgundy swimsuit not fixed for a cover???? And the quality of the cover above looks much better than the initial one posted.

Thanks for posting, Nymphaea!! :heart:

She is so beautiful! She has this 90s supermodel vibe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
l3db3l
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"