US Vogue June/July 2022 : Dua Lipa by Tyler Mitchell

Yikes! That's one weak, dull and depressing cover. The colouring is atrocious for an issue which will sit on the shelves most of the summer, and the styling is abysmal, as is the beauty styling and Tyler Mitchell's extremely bland photography. I thought February with HoYeon Jung was bad...

I'm not a fan of their cover as well. They are turning into InStyle in terms of putting minimal text on their covers (since last month) for the sake of aesthetic and it's not working as it looks like a subscriber's cover.

I'm surprised that they booked Tyler Mitchell for their summer issue. His gloomy photography is the exact opposite of summer in my opinion, though I don't consider him as a bad photographer.

But I'm happy for Dua Lipa. I think she deserves a US Vogue cover for the success of Future Nostalgia alone, but not right now. I'll read her interview after I post this to see if she has a new project this month.

Overall, this is a weak and trivial cover. It's so random to see Tyler + Dua for Vogue's Summer issue.

I'm very excited to see her at Primavera Sound next month but that cover is a huge no. I quite like the colors but they're not enough to make it look good.

Flat and sad. The set is too hodge podge as usual from Tyler. No concept to any of it. Just some random clothes on a random set with drab lighting.

This feels weird... I absolutely love Dua and her music, but why her? Such a weird timing, I don't get it. Doesn't make sense to me.

Either way, not a huge fan of the cover. Looking forward to see the ed, but not expecting much.

This is awful and is this the first time we’re seeing combined months for US vogue?

Dua is a beautiful girl, but she doesn't have the "X Factor" in front of a camera, we can see that in her shoots and even more in her videos.

Is Vogue really short of money to the point of needing to cram two months into a single issue? Sad!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
effettovetro
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->